GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a PitBull lift from BullDog Monday at 5:00 and it was delivered today, Friday 0900. Wow, what great service from BullDog, PitBull and UPS. Will assemble tomorrow and expect no trouble at all. If a guy can't put one together without being able to line up a few holes or twisting a wing nut, then he has no business getting something like this. Thanks BullDog, may just have to find something else to order soon.
Mike Wunder
1der

·
Registered
502 Posts
Pitbull

You have one of the best lifts on the market. You will like for a long time I have had mine for a year and wondered how I got along without it.

Sonney

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ordered a PitBull lift from BullDog Monday at 5:00 and it was delivered today, Friday 0900. Wow, what great service from BullDog, PitBull and UPS. Will assemble tomorrow and expect no trouble at all. If a guy can't put one together without being able to line up a few holes or twisting a wing nut, then he has no business getting something like this. Thanks BullDog, may just have to find something else to order soon.
Mike Wunder
1der
Did you get the air lift or the regular one?

D

·
0 Posts
Mike Wunder
1der
Hey Mike,

If you recall we ordered on the same day, I got mine on Wednesday. Put it together on Thursday night and had the wing hovering in the garage about an hour later. Seems to work great, those two bolts at the base of the jack were a bear but other than that it went together no problem. The Spring pops off the foot pump if you release it to quick but other than that it does the job.:thumbup:

Geof

·
Registered
684 Posts
Can one of you post a link.....I'm getting tired of having to lay on the garage floor to do anything to the back wheel.
How much was the lift?

Thanks guys,

Mike

D

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got you all beat

I got my Bulldog lift from my Brother for x-mas in 07

I was floored. I was saving up for it.

Now that I have had my lift for over a year I can say this, IT IS GREAT:superman1:

I can have the Wing up in the air with in minutes:thumbup:

I have changed the oil, brakes and wheels (twice) with out any fuss or laying on the creeper.

It is stable and I feel SAFE:thumbup:

I do need to get me a little rolling shop stool to sit on, versus a 5gal pail

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geof: Well.... guess yours did get to you faster BUT I live farther away. Mine came from PitBull direct. 10-4 on the great service from both companies. Mine is the air lift(haha) no foot pump. It was a snap putting it together noooooo problem.
Mike

D

·
0 Posts
Geof: Well.... guess yours did get to you faster BUT I live farther away. Mine came from PitBull direct. 10-4 on the great service from both companies. Mine is the air lift(haha) no foot pump. It was a snap putting it together noooooo problem.
Mike
Mike,

Your just spoiled. :lol:

Geof

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
If anyone wants pictures search the various lift discussions of which there are many. I saw someone picture their Goldwing up in the air 25" with the wheels off of it and that was enough for me and I ordered one that day and love it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Used it tonight to install some Baker Air Wings. I know, what do you have to lift a GL for to put on something like that. My son and I raised it all the way to 25 inches and WOW. Goef, Ya, I'm spoiled now with the air. It was worth the extra $$$$. You'll want to watch when you set it down. Make sure that the safety latches are not thrown forward. I didn't, one was caught, and when I pulled out the jack I ripped one of the rubber cushions. My fault. A little glue will fix that. I'm not one to sit and clean a bike, you have to put miles on them. But when I had it up in the air I could see that it need a good cleaning. I guess another plus for a PitBull. Anyone thing about getting a lift should consider a PitBull from BullDog.
1der

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on your new lift. I was wondering if the Pitbull rolls under the Wing on the sidestand without having to stand the Wing up to get clearance? Don't know if I'd NEED the air lift but I can see that it would be nice to have. Guess I need to investigate how much an appropriate compressor system would add to the price of the package. Using the foot pedal to raise the lift manually can't be all that bad though. Sure does look like a great product......

D

·
0 Posts
Congrats on your new lift. I was wondering if the Pitbull rolls under the Wing on the sidestand without having to stand the Wing up to get clearance? Don't know if I'd NEED the air lift but I can see that it would be nice to have. Guess I need to investigate how much an appropriate compressor system would add to the price of the package. Using the foot pedal to raise the lift manually can't be all that bad though. Sure does look like a great product......
Yep, rolls right under with no issues. There is a sliding adapter that you place under the exhaust pipe before you lift but other than that a couple practice runs and it'll be old news to lift your wing. Mike is spoiled that's why he has the air lift version, us grunts use the foot pump version (easy to use). A small pancake compressor will do the job no sweat, a hundred bucks for the compressor and hose. Then you too can be spoiled like Mike.:lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you have Traxxion suspension it is not a problem getting the lift under the Wing. If you have the stock suspension set it on the high level or just put a piece of 3/4 inch plywood under the side stand. It is not a problem to just pull it upright as you jack it. There is an adapter but if you have a belly pan you do not need the adapter. The air lift is nice but I just got the manual so it is one less thing to go wrong. The good thing about the Pitbull is the height of lift and the wide base for stability. You can also move your bike on the lift if you want to roll it into a corner for instance. Bulldog has a standing order with Pitbull so they have to have jacks available for him even if theirs are backordered, that is why he can have one drop shipped to you even though Pitbull says they would be delayed if you ordered from them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You will love your PitPull lift. I had mind 6 yrs, best money ever spent :agree::thumbup::coffee1:

How has the rubber on the rear rail held up over the years? I've had my pitbull two months and used it less than 8 times, but the rubber is showing some wear due to the center stand resting on it. The edges of the stand dig into the rubber pretty good. Thanks.

BTW - The pitbull is a great lift. I can safely raise and lower the Wing by myself wiithout any concern. I once used the Harbor Freight jack that seemed too wobbly. I'm glad I returned it even though with the right precautions it probably works fine. The pitbull simply nails stability with a sledge hammer. Its very secure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, rolls right under with no issues. There is a sliding adapter that you place under the exhaust pipe before you lift but other than that a couple practice runs and it'll be old news to lift your wing. Mike is spoiled that's why he has the air lift version, us grunts use the foot pump version (easy to use). A small pancake compressor will do the job no sweat, a hundred bucks for the compressor and hose. Then you too can be spoiled like Mike.:lol:
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the footprint (W X H X D) when it is stored? The info is probably on their website somewhere but I don't recall seeing it. I have some cabinets hanging on the wall and I'd want to store the lift under them if possible. Or, alternatively, I could just trip over it for the next ten years.............

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My rubber ripped the first time I used it. Purely MY fault. No big deal to replace it or re glue it.
1der

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmmm. - - Sounds like something I could be interested in ordering, but space in my garage is at a premium.

Does anybody have a pic of it not in use? I'd like to get some idea of how much space it takes up on the garage floor.

I assume it's probably too heavy to store on it's side along the wall, or hanging, etc..

Let me know, and thanks...!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts