GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who got snow and how much. I just got a call from a friend in eastern NC. He is waiting on a tow truck. He slid off the road and into a ditch. He sent a picture that he took just before he left his house.
I didn’t get any snow here in southern Ohio.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just a very light dusting of snow over the last 24hrs here in MI. But it's getting colder, 13* this morning at 6am.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Snow ?

Today it is 80 degrees fahrenheit with a breeze in Miami. Kite flyers on surfboards and fun watercraft abound. The only curves I see are on the bikinis of the young ladies on South Beach but I can survive that >:) :clap2:.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Today it is 80 degrees fahrenheit with a breeze in Miami. Kite flyers on surfboards and fun watercraft abound. The only curves I see are on the bikinis of the young ladies on South Beach but I can survive that >:) :clap2:.
Tough duty.:smile2:

Attachments

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GatorWing,
To each his own...... The winters are nice in Florida but you can have it from March to end the of October. I would much rather ride in 30*s as 90*+ weather. To me 80 is questionable. 80* with low humidity in really nice. 80* with high humidity SUX.

When I was little my family spent a lot of time in Florida. They started off going in the summer, and we were miserable. Then we started spending Christmas through New Years in Florida and that was nice. From then on if we went to the beach in the summer it was from Charleston SC north. One year we were around Savanna GA and that didn't last long as the No-See-Ums about carried us away.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
GatorWing,
To each his own...... The winters are nice in Florida but you can have it from March to end the of October. I would much rather ride in 30*s as 90*+ weather. To me 80 is questionable. 80* with low humidity in really nice. 80* with high humidity SUX.

When I was little my family spent a lot of time in Florida. They started off going in the summer, and we were miserable. Then we started spending Christmas through New Years in Florida and that was nice. From then on if we went to the beach in the summer it was from Charleston SC north. One year we were around Savanna GA and that didn't last long as the No-See-Ums about carried us away.
Boomer I agree with you that some of the rainy season is hot but only lightning scares me on the bike. Now that the rainy/hurricane season is over it is great. I have browsed through your albums as you seem to be a popular guy or someone people you know like to tease :surprise: .
Anyway it looks like you have a paraplane gizmo.
This is the season that paraplanes, paragliders, surfboard kites and all kinds of flying contraptions fill the sky. Especially around Labelle, Lake Wales and the Keys.
I ride the bike to where they fly them and lots of fun to watch.
The down side is some of them wind up in trees on takeoff and that's when I think of your album :wink2:.
Anyway I grew up in central New York and that is about the snowiest place in the world being near lake Ontario and I have seen -40 degrees fahrenheit :eek:4: .
Ice skating and snow mobiles were great in the winter and biking and watersports great in the summer. Here is the downside.
Short number of great summer & winter months and all the other months were just miserable transitions between them. I came down here to Florida for vacation in 1970 and plumb forgot to go back :grin2:.
Anyway everyplace has its good points & bad points so I picked the place that is the least aggravating.
Arizona looks great but i am not fond of to many stones and forget California without water and wondering if the state will break off and fall into the ocean :22yikes: .
Just some observations by an alligator >:)

Reactions: Boomer1832cc

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Who got snow and how much. I just got a call from a friend in eastern NC. He is waiting on a tow truck. He slid off the road and into a ditch. He sent a picture that he took just before he left his house.
I didn’t get any snow here in southern Ohio.
Dang Boomer, those southerners just don't know anything about driving in the snow. What you show in your picture is known as partly cloudy in Michigan :grin2: :grin2:

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang Boomer, those southerners just don't know anything about driving in the snow. What you show in your picture is known as partly cloudy in Michigan :grin2: :grin2:
Al, to be fair to him. A deer jumped out in front of him and he hit his brakes too hard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
North central NC near the VA border here. We got 11 inches today. Just to top it off, they're calling for 1/4 inch of freezing rain/ice tonight. Probably gonna bring down some trees and power lines.

·
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
North central NC near the VA border here. We got 11 inches today. Just to top it off, they're calling for 1/4 inch of freezing rain/ice tonight. Probably gonna bring down some trees and power lines.

My late brother use to live in Littleton NC. You must live in the general area?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
No snow here in central Florida - BUT rain coming this morning. Rain off and on very heavy at times - weather people say severe at times...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts