GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a trailer hitch added to my new 2018 GL1800

Tje dealer only bolted the hitch to the bike, but did not give me a pigtail or anything for my trailer lights.

Can someone please tell me where to CLEANLY access the wires for a 3 to 2 trailer light converter?

Joe

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,571 Posts
Today I had a trailer hitch added to my new 2018 GL1800

Tje dealer only bolted the hitch to the bike, but did not give me a pigtail or anything for my trailer lights.

Can someone please tell me where to CLEANLY access the wires for a 3 to 2 trailer light converter?

Joe

I went with the Electrical Connection trailer isolator wiring kit. Its plug and play to the bike and you won't have to worry about the canbus wiring with the 2018.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I went with the Electrical Connection trailer isolator wiring kit. Its plug and play to the bike and you won't have to worry about the canbus wiring with the 2018.
I found a You Tube video but it shows the previous generation Wing, not the 2018.

I think I found it. Thanks!
Joe

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Had my seat off the other day to install the HomeLink system. I looked briefly at the trailer isolator, which was plugged into a connector under the seat of my 2018. So, apparently there is a place to plug the properly designed isolator. Sorry I can't be of more help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts