GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a run up to Barbara Jeans today using my Zumo to lead me there. I 95 up to the CR 210 exit, over to US 1 and right turn on to Valley Palm Blvd. So far so good. Going east on Valley Palm the Zumo showed the track going off to the right and stayed there. Valley Palm is a new road that is not on my Version 08 update of the Zumo. I kept on the new road instead of turning around and following the right tract through the residental neighibor hood. Came around to a new road being worked on and then over an overpass the tract came back together with the icon on the screen. The road then goes over a tall bridge over the intercoastal waterway. You have to make a hard right after going over the bridge and turning a 180deg curve to go back under the bridge. Once on the road going under the bridge you stay on it all the way to Barbara Jeans, which the Zumo found dead on the address I put in it. So if you are coming from US 1 just stay on the 4 lane new road and it will get you there, just look for the turn on the other side of the bridge.
BTW the drive way for Barbara Jeans is paved on the south side and lime rock on the north entrance. Parking lot is lime rock.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I just planned my route earlier....basically that same route...Thanks for the heads up....

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think the PGA is in town that weekend? Will this be a problem?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Players Championship in Ponte Vedra 7th-10th.... Lets hope we all can sneak around the busy areas and get some food. That time of the day, most will already be at the course :lol:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Who scheduled this event ????? OOOPS never mind, it twas I... shhhhhh

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Who scheduled this event ????? OOOPS never mind, it twas I... shhhhhh
Ah HA! Now we know. On the other thread, Danl is wondering if we eat at 12 or 1pm? Since it has warmed up nicely here in Florida and it gets daylight plenty early, I think noon is fine, but you need to make that call.

Here is the intersection that John is referring to. After you cross the intercostal waterway, take a right and then come down and take another right and follow Roscoe Blvd under that bridge you just crossover. Of course, if you're coming up A1A from the south, you won't cross this bridge. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=15+South+Roscoe+Blvd.,+Ponte+Vedra,+FL+32082&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=Rt79SY73HcuLtgecwZzFCg&ll=30.133761,-81.383833&spn=0.003981,0.006909&t=h&z=17

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Well hmmmm ummmmmmmm let me clarify my last statement....Someone suggested this location, so I put it on the schedule and gave it a date....The individual who suggested the location is the one who is head counting and calling the place for a heads up.....I do believe that Snoopy suggested this one....Its his call on the time....But since it was said awhile back, IF it is NOT listed for 1pm, then we are to ASSUME it will be for 12 noon. :shrug:

Hope that takes me off the hot seat :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Watch out for the SJC Sherriffs dept on that new 4-lane. They run radar guns and hide pretty well. Watch your speed.

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
Ah HA! Now we know. On the other thread, Danl is wondering if we eat at 12 or 1pm? Since it has warmed up nicely here in Florida and it gets daylight plenty early, I think noon is fine, but you need to make that call.

Here is the intersection that John is referring to. After you cross the intercostal waterway, take a right and then come down and take another right and follow Roscoe Blvd under that bridge you just crossover. Of course, if you're coming up A1A from the south, you won't cross this bridge. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=15+South+Roscoe+Blvd.,+Ponte+Vedra,+FL+32082&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=Rt79SY73HcuLtgecwZzFCg&ll=30.133761,-81.383833&spn=0.003981,0.006909&t=h&z=17
I guess going down is a lot better than going up :shrug:

My Zumo tells me 95S to 202E to 1A S to west on Solana road then South on Roscoe....bout 138 miles.

If ya'll are taking a poll...........meet at 11 and eat at 12 works for me.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I do not know that area at all, but with the golf tourni in town, that sounds like a good plan.

I think 210 from 95 WILL be a bear!!!!!! and thats the route I plan on taking in too darnit....

The following is from the PGA web site on parking there:

Directions to On-Site Parking:

From North:
Take I-95 to EXIT 344 (Jay Turner Butler Blvd.)-Rt. 202 East. Continue on Rt.202 to RT A1A SOUTH Towards PONTE VEDRA. Stay on A1A SOUTH for 4.3 Miles to RT 210 West. Turn RIGHT on Rt. 210. Parking is on the right.

From South:
Take I-95 North to EXIT 329 (Rt. 210 East). Turn RIGHT onto 210 East heading towards Ponte Vedra for 3.3 Miles. Turn LEFT onto US-1 North and go 0.6 Miles. Turn RIGHT onto CR-210/Palm Valley Road and go 10.4 Miles. General Parking is on the left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts