GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Garmin 2720, and a Sirius Sportster Replay Satelitte receiver.

Does anyone make or sell covers for this type equipment? If so, where can I purchase them?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ron,

Are you talking about 'hide 'em from prying eyes" covers or rain covers...? If you mean rain covers, the Garmin SP-2720 doesn't need a cover. It is "waterproof" to IPX-7 specs -- immersion up to 1m for up to 30 minutes.

The Sirus unit is another story. Common 1qt ziplock baggies work well -- cheap and easy to use. Carry several large rubber bands to tether the baggie -- it will fly off in the wind if it's not secured in place...!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking for the type cover that would probably be black and maybe snap around the divice.
The reason for these would be to snap them on while parked at convenience stores, etc., rather than upplugging and storing in the trunk.
I just thought that would camouflage the devices so they maybe wouldn't be noticed.

Ron

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Ron Johnson said:
I was looking for the type cover that would probably be black and maybe snap around the divice.
The reason for these would be to snap them on while parked at convenience stores, etc., rather than upplugging and storing in the trunk.
I just thought that would camouflage the devices so they maybe wouldn't be noticed.

Ron
IMO if you need to camouflage it then you should lock it away. It takes a whole 2 seconds to disconnect it. I would not trust camouflage to secure a 500+ dollar device. Just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts