GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gps and sena smh 10
I have sena smh 10 headphones which intercom great and bluetooth my phone great. I would like an affordable garmin that would also bluetooth into my headset. Anyone out there with something different than zumo $$$$ ; recently returned a 1490t that wouldnt pair with sena. Help ; going to n ga. soon and would like to here recalculating again !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Do you have the latest Sena SMH10's?

There's an upgrade available for the older models through August 31st - details on their website.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the latest Sena SMH10's?

There's an upgrade available for the older models through August 31st - details on their website.
hmm I will check , thanks

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You're welcome. The upgraded units plug in to your computer so you can download new software and 'fixes' to help pairing issues.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome. The upgraded units plug in to your computer so you can download new software and 'fixes' to help pairing issues.
trying to upgrade ; got to call support about difficulty

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
talked to sena and garmin ; basically time for another gps!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have a smartphone?

Dennis
yes I do. Both the sprint nav and the straight gps function umm suck. I want to see and here directions as the phone is unreliable. I have tried it both ways and it doesnt compare to a regular gps.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
yes I do. Both the sprint nav and the straight gps function umm suck. I want to see and here directions as the phone is unreliable. I have tried it both ways and it doesnt compare to a regular gps.
sounds like something is wrong..
(although I agree Sprint Nav is terrible)

I use my smart phone GPS for EVERYTHING and it works GREAT
(especially well here in Florida, Sprint has very good coverage)

I just did 11,000 miles of back roads coast to coast this spring
(90% NO INTERSTATES).

I ONLY used the phone and the bike NAVI...
(NAVI for the big pic and phone for ALL the details)

which phone do you have and how old is it?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like something is wrong..
(although I agree Sprint Nav is terrible)

I use my smart phone GPS for EVERYTHING and it works GREAT
(especially well here in Florida, Sprint has very good coverage)

I just did 11,000 miles of back roads coast to coast this spring
(90% NO INTERSTATES).

I ONLY used the phone and the bike NAVI...
(NAVI for the big pic and phone for ALL the details)

which phone do you have and how old is it?

Dennis

Its the samsung epic about 9 mo old. Just ordered a garmin 765t . we will see if this does the trick.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't know if it's available for your phone or not but on my iPhone I use an app called Copilot Live Premium and it RULZ! it loads the maps on your phone so signal does not matter! It is better than my Zumo 550 as navigation goes. It cost me $24 but I think it's cheap at twice the price! If it's available for your phone, load it and send that GPS packing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Its the samsung epic about 9 mo old. . .
that's most of the problem..
..Samsung has the best display but a much higher rate of GPS and WiFi problems.

I'm sure the Garmin will serve you well.

Dennis

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a response from Sena saying they are looking into a device that would integrate into the Goldwing system! I say flood them with emails requesting it so they realize the need for such a device! The power if inquiry is HUGE, let's go guys!!

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
I got a response from Sena saying they are looking into a device that would integrate into the Goldwing system! I say flood them with emails requesting it so they realize the need for such a device! The power if inquiry is HUGE, let's go guys!!

link ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
For what it's worth, I have the SMH10 and a Garmin Nuvi 756T and works well. I also have the HTC Evo 4G (Sprint)(Sprint Navigation) and use it also with my Sena. I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
272 Posts

I spoke with Rick at Sena, he said that they are indeed working on a unit that will integrate (via Bluetooth) with the Goldwing system. The engineers are currently working on the design. By the first of the year they should have something more tangable. :yes1:

·
Registered
272 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts