GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALK has updated their CoPilot Live GPS application and is available for download from either their website or your specific application store (App Store/Android Market)

I've been using this for my DroidX since November and it is a nice, offline (no internet connection needed) GPS application that offers some great features for $5 (the Premium version is only $10, but the special pricing expires on July 5th). You can review the features at their website.

It includes true GPS application features that mapping tools like Google Navigation don't provide, such as current speed, speed limit warning, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Map Quest App is free and gives you voice GPS navigation, which will pair to a bluetooth headset. Works well with my Sena SMH-10 headset, but my Wing has built in navigation so I have only played with the App.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Question for Jon

Jon do you know of anyway to be able to use the Droid X to be able to make phone calls on the bike? I have the full Kennedy setup but I can't figure out how to hook it up to be able to talk. If that could be accomplished this would really be a great app.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Jon do you know of anyway to be able to use the Droid X to be able to make phone calls on the bike? I have the full Kennedy setup but I can't figure out how to hook it up to be able to talk. If that could be accomplished this would really be a great app.
i would suggest the pairing to a BT GPS via an edset mic interface or something from Cellset.

and to further that ability/question...

can the Mic inputs (sans BT gear) somehow be directed to the Droid X or other Droid platform to "Say a Command" when in search by Voice Mode.
IOW, i would like some type of audio interface to Make Voice Searches via any available Mapping/Navigation App.
trying to "Speak" to the phone at legal Hyway speeds is not conducive to Safe operation while traveling nor is it desirable to stop to ask the phone for requests.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
You can use the cell set to hook the intercom into the voice commands set on the phone.

You then have the problem of activating voice commands on the phone, which still would require pressing the right button.. (the "right button" varies depending on the phone".)

You'd also have the problem of the voice processor on the phone being able to sort out your voice from the wind and other noise. This ability may also vary by phone type.

To hardwire the mike to the Cellset, look for the cellset cable with the stereo plug. That goes in the headset jack on the droid. The mike connects on that jack as well. You need to make sure you have the right connect on the cellset.

·
Registered
501 Posts
LTH,
I have an original Droid and I use a Garmin GPS (765t) utilizing the Bluetooth capability and a Kennedy Cellset, it works well. A less expensive alternative is to use the Garmin connected to the AUX IN and an Edset microphone splitter (about $50).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I noticed it has a motorcycle mode.. is that more audible vs visual route information? it seems like it is based on the description but would love to hear more before spending $10 on it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts