GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a very nice Dash Mount for your GPS . It is made of 1/8th inch highly polished Aluminum to give it that Chrome appearance. It has small rubber cushions attached to the arms so it want harm your dash. it has a diamond plate that matches perfectly to any Ram Cradle that holds your Garmin Nuvi GPS . This mount puts your GPS unit up front so you have easy viewing without looking down . It has an Aluminum ball head that can rotate in any direction and up and down. It has 2 set screws so that it can hold heavy GPS units . This Dash Mount fits GL 1800 from 2001 to 2006 . It does not come with the Ram Cradle as in the pictures . The cost of this Dash Mount is $ 56.00 and that includes free shipping by USPS 2 day Priority Shipping.

bike gps 5.jpg

bike gps 4.jpg

dash mount 13.jpg

dash mount 14.jpg

dash mount 12.jpg

Attachments

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
@Yoda why doesn't it fit 07 through 17?? Is the angle of the dash different?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is another NEW Yoda Dash Mount that has a used Garmin Nuvi 2460 that comes with it . This will fit years of the Goldwing 2001 to 2006 . This is a very nice used Garmin GPS that works perfect. Just push the button on the bottom of the GPS Holder and the GPS comes off with ease and attaches the same way . The 2460 has a five inch screen and the Dash Mount puts it in the perfect area without interfering with your line of sight for the instruments . You will love this set up and the good thing is that it will only cost $ 87.00 , and that includes all computer hook up and wall hook up , cigarette cable and free shipping to your home. :biker::clap2:

Garmin and GPS 14.jpg Garmin and GPS 13.jpg

Garmin and GPS 12.jpg Garmin and GPS 11.jpg

Garmin and GPS 10.jpg Garmin and GPS 3.jpg

garmin and GPS 2.jpg Garmin and GPS  9.jpg

Garmin and GPS mount 1.jpg Bike GPS 1.jpg

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'll take it. Send me the info needed to complete the transaction.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MichaelB ( mike ) for the purchase of the Dash mount and GPS . This will work great on your bike and it puts the GPS high up front without obstruction of your vew. i:thumbup::yes:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yup, it should work out great.

Currently using a Garmin 2720 mounted to the area above the radio control. Since it is getting a bit long in the tooth, I want to try something different. The 2460 looks like it is a good fit.

I've got a 1490 on the GL1500 mounted is the same general area.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yoda,
Are you still making these? If so how much and which GPS do you suggest?

Chris

·
Registered
881 Posts
Here is a very nice Dash Mount for your GPS . It is made of 1/8th inch highly polished Aluminum to give it that Chrome appearance. It has small rubber cushions attached to the arms so it want harm your dash. it has a diamond plate that matches perfectly to any Ram Cradle that holds your Garmin Nuvi GPS . This mount puts your GPS unit up front so you have easy viewing without looking down . It has an Aluminum ball head that can rotate in any direction and up and down. It has 2 set screws so that it can hold heavy GPS units . This Dash Mount fits GL 1800 from 2001 to 2006 . It does not come with the Ram Cradle as in the pictures . The cost of this Dash Mount is $ 56.00 and that includes free shipping by USPS 2 day Priority Shipping.

View attachment 317613
I really like this mount set up. Do you manufacture the aluminum ball head assembly. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Roger (Yoda),

I received the Windshield Mount with the Contour Video Camera and could not be more pleased -- you thoughtfully included written Explanations on how to set it up -- best of all it came by USPS Service through Customs at the Border into Canada with no problems or additional charges. The Camera mounted perfectly and takes excellent Videos.

If that wasn't enough I had also ordered the Dash Mount with the Garman GPS and it too came through perfect -- I have been able to upgrade it with the latest Map Updates -- the Dash is ingenious in that it is secure and looks great -- when I get the GPS wired in to my Motorcycle separately fused accessory circuitry and my Garmin GPS Sunshade attached I will E-Mail you a Picture to use as you feel fit.

Side Note: The way I have my separately fused wiring rigged I can Charge the Contour Video Camera Battery or GPS Battery by the same Cable with the Motorcycle parked connected to a trickle charger without the need to have the Ignition or Accessory Circuit switched on. I do this with my other Motorcycles also especially over the Winter lay up every 2 Weeks to prevent my many add-ons from sulfating when batteries get discharged.

Many Thanks,

Northern Dancer,

Ron

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Yoda,

Will this work with a Zumo 595LM on an 08?

Thanks
I believe it would . I make a square plate that will fit my mount and your GPS. Let me look in my shop to see if I still have one made for the 08 bikes. PM sent.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dash Mount with new Brace

My Dash Mount for your GPS now has a small brace that attaches to the Mount and the air vent using strong double sided tape. This brace ties the Dash and Air Vent together giving the Mount a much more stable condition without any vibration. Solid as a rock and want interfere with the vent. :thumbup:
dash mount 12.jpg dash mount 13.jpg zumo mount 2.jpg
brace 11.jpg brace 12.jpg Brace 13.jpg

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
What about a Zumo 590 on a 2013? Right now I don't have a vent in the windshield.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What about a Zumo 590 on a 2013? Right now I don't have a vent in the windshield.

Hello Randy, I believe it would work just fine. The extra set screw keeps it from slipping down because of the weight of the zumo. The brace to the vent keeps down vibrations on rough roads. I also have a small brace that attaches to the top of the dash and to the windshield
( using strong double sided tape )and ties the dash to the windshield keeping the vibration away. This Dash Mount want harm your Dash or your Windshield and absolutely no drilling. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm currently waiting for my new to me Garmin 550, and not sure of the size. Which mount would you recommend for my '05 GL1800? And yes, I do have a windshield vent.

TIA,

- David

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm currently waiting for my new to me Garmin 550, and not sure of the size. Which mount would you recommend for my '05 GL1800? And yes, I do have a windshield vent.

TIA,

- David

David , I have a Dash Mount that will work with the Garmin 550 just fine. It comes with a small brace that ties the dash and windshield vent together to create a strong hold and a solid mount which holds down any vibration. See the pictures above for a picture of the Mount and brace. I have had some great feedback on this type of mount with the brace. If I can help , just let me know. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Don (slolane) for the purchase of the Dash Mount. It will work perfect on your 2013 bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks Don (slolane) for the purchase of the Dash Mount. It will work perfect on your 2013 bike. :thumbup:
Got my dash mount today it looks like a piece of art not a motorcycle part. To bad it will be about 4 months before I can try it out. Thank you Yoda for the quick shipping

1 - 20 of 41 Posts