GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have had a problem running a GPS with a hard drive?
I have been told the flash drives are better because vibration and bumps don't present a problem. I am considering purchasing Garmin 2610 which is has a flash drive.

·
Banned
350 Posts
I have a 2610 that has endured a lot of miles and has been dropped a few times and been through soaking rains. No problems so far.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Never had an issue on the Goldwing, but couldn't find a hard drive based unit that would behave on the Triumph.. Ended up with a Garmin Quest II and love it!! The only issue I have is that it's really slow re-routing or looking up POIs...

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello 2610 at getfeetwet 459 if they still have them!! I got one mid aug......chuck

·
Registered
788 Posts
jbatp92 said:
How many people have had a problem running a GPS with a hard drive?
I have been told the flash drives are better because vibration and bumps don't present a problem. I am considering purchasing Garmin 2610 which is has a flash drive.
The 2610 uses a Compact Flash card, not a hard drive. The 2620 uses the hard drive.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Be sure and get the 2610 it has a flash drive no moving parts, also the Streepilot 3 uses the flash drive method but memory cards can get pricey,just be very sure and get Garmin !!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Doesn't the Iway 500C have the hard drive? Doesn't seem to be any HD problems with it - but it does seem to have it's share of other problems.

Ken

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
jbatp92 said:
Thanks for the info, I think I will go with the 2610.
Wise choice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts