GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the gps equipped wing. So far I have figured out most of the operations. I do have one question that I have not been able to figure out by playing with it or reading the manual. After selecting a destination, the route computes and several of the next turns come up on right of screen. I would like to be able to preview the whole route. I have a tom tom that I use and after the route is planned I am able to view the route directions as text. I don't like having to accept a route without being able to see the directions that I am going to follow. Any ideas??????

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Press and hold the "Zoom" button on the left handle bar. It will give you the entire route and walk you through it by using the up and down arrow keys on the Navigation Control Panel. When you get finished, just press the "Zoom" button again.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Before you press and zoom you need to get to the map page. Touch the screen, select next then select the "browse map". Then you can touch the bar on the right side to make the slider go up or down to zoom in or out. Touch the area you want to zoom into and then zoom in.

or

After creating the route you have a choice of Details or Done. Choose Details and then Browse map of route. You can create an itinerary by touching the screen then next until you see the yellow arrows and "Itinerary Planning". Then add POI's to the list and when you select one you can make it a waypoint or destination. If its a waypoint then you will go in that direction until you pass it then on to the next one until you get to the destination. (I'm not sure what the limit is but I used it to put a 2 week trip together.)

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Honda Nav in not touch screen enabled. Everything must be input through the buttons on the right side of faring, except for zoom in or out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Press and hold the "Zoom" button on the left handle bar. It will give you the entire route and walk you through it by using the up and down arrow keys on the Navigation Control Panel. When you get finished, just press the "Zoom" button again.

Hope that helps
I agree, these instructions are correct for the Navi that comes equiped on the Goldwing. The other instructions for the touch screen does not apply to this unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping there was a way to get a text box with all the route info regarding highways, turns, etc.. I have used the zoom and button method. To me, it takes forever to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts