GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Quest GPS and connected it to my AUX input under the left pocket so I could get voice commands. Only problem is that it is dedicated to the AUX function and the radio cannot be used at the same time.

Does anyone know if there is a connection where I can hook it into the intercom system? That way the voice commands will interrupt the radio sound?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Yes, the Kennedy SingleSet system provides a plug and play installation between the GPS and the intercom system. Here are the parts you're looking for:
  • SingleSet module (95198)
    GL1800 I/C harness (95203)
    3.5mm Mono Device harness - plugs into Quest cable (95364)
I'm still re-writing my Kennedy 'configurator' program, but this link will take to a page that will allow you select and order a simple system like this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jon set me up with a simular system for my Streetpilot III and I run it through the intercom while I listen to the radio. Works great and was easy to install!

Thanks Jon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jon. I will order those items. I have the GPS hooked to the power supply under the left pocket. Where would the the harness hook to the intercom system? Is the connection for the intercom system under the seat on the GL1800?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The SingleSet module's intercom harness will connect in-line with the headset connector under the left-hand pocket. Simply follow the headset pigtail under the pocket and you'll find a locking 6-position red connector.

Unplug that connector and plug in the harness and the GPS will sound just like another headset to the intercom system.

·
Registered
366 Posts
gadog,
Jon said "Yes, the Kennedy SingleSet system provides a plug and play installation between the GPS and the intercom system."
Or consider the DualSet if you think you might want to have a Radar Detector in the future -- and would like to have its sound to the helmet also. Jon carries these also and they are only ~$19 more than the SingleSet. Same cables are used for both units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts