GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help with my GPS.

I purchased a GPSMap 76S (above)
and have used it in my saddle bags just as a tracking source.
I’m considering a handle bar mount but cannot find anything
appropriate. Garmin does not have anything but the standard
1” dia. mounts. I also have mixed feelings about trying to
read the unit while on the road. It’s small and I’m basically
blind.
To add another twist, I like the Butler cup holder and
I am considering it as some of you like it over other cup holders.
Any input from you who are more knowledgably would be
greatly appreciated. :?: :)
Thanks,
RW Sacramento

·
Registered
307 Posts
check out this web page for a mount.http://www.cycoactive.com/
You can get a RAM mount and it will work with the Butler cup, then get an adaptor for the GPS mount to go on the RAM mount. Get the RAM mount from Cycoactive as well. As always there are a thousand ways to do what you want, just find the one that works for you. :wink:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Stay tuned and tomorrow (after work) I will post pictures of the mount I made for my e-map, which is very similar to yours. It is clean as a whistle.

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use the Garmin iQue 3600 and it uses the same base for the cradle as yours. I used some thin steel sheet metal and made a few bends, made a cutout for the key bracket, drilled a couple holes and slid it under the meter panel as shown in the pictures. If I remove it, no damage and it's always there in front of me.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Rocket Wing - I have a GPS V, but the mount is the same base as yours. I mounted mine on the top of the clutch reservior after changing the tops to a flat rather than a domed one. I made mine from a scrap chunk of alunimum bar stock (3/8 X 3 X 3), but found later the tops are available as billet replacements from HDL. Anyway, the GPS works fine there.

It also leaves the clutch mounting bolts available so you can add the butler cup holder without interference.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Norm, I was thinking of the same location for my Street Pilot 2610. But your idea of mounting is much better than mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the RAM mount suction cup and stick it on the windsheild. Works great. I didn't want all the stuff on my handle bars or cluttering my dash. It woks grat at the bottom of the windsheild because it is in your view and you don't have to take your eyes off the road to operate. And it is not in your way of operating the bike or obstructing your view of the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts