GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you getting mounts for GPS & Radar units??? T.I.A.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Try http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_mounts.html. I got one for my Garmin 2610. It's lockable, so you don't have to lock it in your trunk if you're eating lunch or whatever during the day. I still take it out at night when I'm on the road.
The mount is sort of ugly, but very functional!

Oops! Forgot to tell you...it's the Touratech mount.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Put me down as real happy with my EK mount for my GPS (2610). It is handy enough, but out of the way. It works very well for me. I'd buy one next time if needed.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
What I always recommend is to sit on the bike in riding attire and position and have someone place the GPS in the positions you're proposing to mount it at. If you don't have the GPS, you can use a business card since most of the Garmin units have a display roughly close to that size.

With your helmet on (if you ride with a helmet), try diverting your eyes from the road to your mounting positions and try to focus enough to pick up the detail on the card for 1-2 seconds.

Everybody's eyes are different and some people need to have the unit mounted in one focal distance over another. The other thing to be aware of is how far you have to divert your eyes from the road to read the unit (and you WILL be looking at the unit occasionally, no matter how much you think you're going to rely on the audio output).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Same as DT...

I use the V&P Accessories dash mount also. I have one for the Streetpilot III, which will go with the Streetpilot when I get around to selling it.

I bought one for my new 2820 because I like having the GPS front and center and up high so I don't have to look down to see it.

Was not as happy with the appearence of the new one as I was with the old, but with the GPS in place it looks fine.

Ti04

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone.....

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I vote for the Ek mount. Sturdiest mount I have ever used or seen. Its sit down in the handlebars a little bit, not sticking out and up like a sore thumb. I believe it also helps with the visibilty of it in regards to people walking by and seeing it. I just barely have to look down to see it. Works perfect and he is a great business man to deal with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts