GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the gps unit on the 06 or 07 fit on my o4 if I buy the unit form honda ? has any body tried this yet ? And what all would have to buy to make it work ? And next question is would it be better to buy a after market or a new wing with this on it ?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
With enough time, effort, and money it's possible.

With that said, I would guess purchasing an '06 or '07 with Navi would be more cost effective.

Now the next statement may result in several nasty replies...the integrated GPS is, currently, significantly limited in its capabilities. IMHO, it is a good entry-level system for someone having no experience with a GPS but lacks many features a more seasoned GPS user will most likely want.

Give this option some consideration but understand the limits of the on-board system…if you can live with those for a few years, then that might be the best solution for you.

Good luck!!!

I

·
0 Posts
Get a good aftermarket unit of your choice and mount it to your liking. From what I hear and read, the Honda OEM GPS sucks anyway, and it would be a very, very expensive modification to your 04.

Besides, you could take the aftermarket GPS unit off the bike and use it in your car as well.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
skee2003 said:
Will the gps unit on the 06 or 07 fit on my o4 if I buy the unit form honda ? has any body tried this yet ? And what all would have to buy to make it work ? And next question is would it be better to buy a after market or a new wing with this on it ?
This is just as feasible as trying to buy and retrofit the ABS system components to a non-ABS bike.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
DT said:
Now the next statement may result in several nasty replies...
I dont know why you'd expect "nasty replies..."

What you say is absolutely correct, objective, and factual. Anyone who "thinks" the onboard nav system is worth $2000+ has obviously never used any oher GPS system. Garman currently has several very nice units in the $300-$400 range that out-play the Honda system by a long shot. Well said...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Its unfortunate, but I dislike the packaging of a substandard GPS with ABS so much that my next bike will not be a Goldwing!

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
skee2003 said:
Did you see the other thread going on about the GPS?

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=73202

Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts