GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine took his wing in for service, and when
he picked it up the GPS screen was like frozen in a location.
You can go thru all the menu's and all that works, but the car in the
screen will not move. He had a fender extension put on also.
Question is, is there some sort of sensor on the front wheel/fender area
that may have caused that, because it worked when he took it in?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Taz,
Your friend needs to check the seating of the memory card in the trunk of the wing. Open the trunk and in the middle is a plate that when removed shows you the compartment where the GPS unit is and the card is on the left side (I think).
If that doesn't do it then I'd disconnect the positive terminal of the battery for 10 minutes, reconnect and see if that will set his "little car" in motion.
By the way, I am not aware of any sensor connected to the GPS in the front wheel area. the only connection to the bike is poser, GPS antenna and a connection to the speed sensor. BTW, if it was working when he took it in, I believe I'd let the dealer that worked on it fix it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If that doesn't do it then I'd disconnect the positive terminal of the battery for 10 minutes, reconnect and see if that will set his "little car" in motion.
Sorry to butt in but I just wanted to mention that it's safer to disconnect the negative terminal. If you disconnect the positive terminal and the wrench or ratchet comes into contact with the frame or anything grounded you'll be arc welding with the full current that the battery can supply.
When working with the battery it's best to disconnect the negative first and reconnect the negative last.

Ralph Wenzl

·
Registered
387 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll pass it along!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts