GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have my ipod, radar detector, Zumo 550 and Sirus radio integrated with a kennedy AUX device. I can listen to my ipod or Sirius radio and the get alerts from my GPS and/or radar detector. I also have a Nolan bluetooth headset for my Iphone that doesnt go thru the kennedy set.

I've now bought an weather/XM anntena for the Zumo so i can ditch the seperate radio; not sure if the signal thru the Kennedy AUX for the XM will be stereo or not, and i'd like to have a better option for my Iphone. the nolan headset works good, just not loud enough at highway speed and I have to listen to music thru the wing's speakers cause this bluetooth is mono and even if it was stereo it would run the battery down. I do use an additional cord for using the wing's CB.

I would like to have the quality of my J&M headsets and also be able to use with my Iphone, corded or bluetooth. But i also want to still be able to integrate with my other devices.

Thought i would check in with the board before calling kennedy and J&M.

and ideas or sugestions? Which Bluetooth headset is the best in term of sound quality?

thanks for any input

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
You can totally integrate you iPhone using Bluetooth through the Zumo and have full functionality with your helmet speakers and microphone by adding the "Mic Splitter" from EdSets (http://www.edsets.com/micsplitter?category_id=61)
Both my son and Hedo have not configured this set up. My son has the Zumo 550 and Hedo has the 2820 and both have iPhones. I have the Zumo 550 and a Verizon Razr. All are working through the Zumo and sound great in both directions.
If you decide to eliminate the iPod and use the MP3 player in the Zumo or find you like the XM/Sirius you'll eliminate one more hookup.
I can report that the sound coming from my son's Zumo iPhone system is just amazing. No wind noise whatsoever. He has called me several times traveling down the freeway in California and it was impossible to tell. He reports that the incoming sound is just as good.
Holler if you need more info.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CJ I'll give that a look for sure.

Allthough after looking at kennedys site for a while I think I may be able to add to the set up I have from them and be able to use my phone thru the intercom, and still have the functions of the other electrical devices. And I wouldn't mind not having to worry about battery life. The search continues :)

Anybody with the Kennedy cellset? How is your call quality, ease of use etc.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts