GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a little help. I have a 2007 GL1800 with audio and Nave Unit.
My LCD screen went blank, and the radio quit working. No LCD screen means no GPS either. I've checked all the fuses, connections and even the voltage at the GPS unit.
When I first turn on the key my LCD flashes once and you can tell it still has power because it's like it's gray. You know goes black when you turn the key back off. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
I've read through other post and but could not find anyone with the exact problem.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My initial thought would be that there might be a loose or unplugged connection somewhere. Have you removed the dash recently?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did remove the top shelter trying to see if there were any issues I could see. Put in a new air filter while in there. I didn't find any loose connections and all looked clean, with no corrosion.

I also noticed that the lights on the dash panel, the buttons on the top shelter, are out. I'm wondering if that unit is just bad.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like you will have to do some major troubleshooting. It still could be a bad relay, try swapping the relays out with others. Could be a problem with Nav unit. Could be a problem with various connectors under seat, to the radio, under glove pockets, back of the dash...

Here are some threads to look at that have been done to resolve this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=gl1800+blank+lcd+screen+site:gl1800riders.com&client=firefox-b-1-m

When was the last time that everything was working properly and did you do anything just prior to the problem? That is where I would start first.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't do anything just prior to it quitting. Working one day and not the next. Thanks for you help. Any idea which relay to watch for?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Have you checked the wire plug connections at the bottom front of the meter panel? With the meter panel off you can reach in from the left side and check the connectors.

·
Registered
885 Posts

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,374 Posts
I'm looking for a little help. I have a 2007 GL1800 with audio and Nave Unit.
My LCD screen went blank, and the radio quit working. No LCD screen means no GPS either. I've checked all the fuses, connections and even the voltage at the GPS unit.
When I first turn on the key my LCD flashes once and you can tell it still has power because it's like it's gray. You know goes black when you turn the key back off. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
I've read through other post and but could not find anyone with the exact problem.
Did you check both power supplies for the Nav unit? Pin 10 is hot all the time and pin 20 goes hot with the key turn-on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts