GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the GPS on a 2016 have the capability to show road speed limits like most GPS units?

Thanks, Robert.

Reactions: awingnut105

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Wondered that myself about my 17. Haven’t found if it is there. Thought odd that it wasn’t, so maybe I just haven’t found it. I’m sure if it’s there someone has found it.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
It stinks that it doesn't, but the frequency of update could make some of that type of data very stale over the years.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It stinks that it doesn't, but the frequency of update could make some of that type of data very stale over the years.
I would prefer something over nothing. I'm quite disappointed with the Honda GPS. A lot of money for not much.

Robert

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
<...>A lot of money for not much.
Go down the hall and read the lamentations over the 2018+ GPS. :lol:

The automotive market would dearly love to pry those small, handheld computers many of us carry out of our hands and focus on what they deliver to the screen.

Too bad that was 5 to 10 years ago.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My "old" Zumo 660 does show the speed limit. So did my Zumo 550. You would think Honda would have this on their overpriced system.

As far as the updates, they're free on my Zumo and much more current than Honda's.

·
Chard Member
13,052 Posts
My "old" Zumo 660 does show the speed limit. So did my Zumo 550. You would think Honda would have this on their overpriced system.

As far as the updates, they're free on my Zumo and much more current than Honda's.

My $59 Garmin from Wally Mart shows speed limits!

My Harley GPS shows speed limits! It’s not magic.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The highway department posts signs quite frequently along the road. I've never needed a gps to inform me of the speed limit.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The highway department posts signs quite frequently along the road.

I only wish that was true! Far to many times the speed postings are few ad far between. Especially when traveling state to state and touring off the main Interstate highways where one can travel for miles without any speed posting's.
Having the posted speed limit on the GPS has saved us many times when we see the local PD hiding on County highway's. This is one feature Honda needs to include.

Corventure Dave

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
I only wish that was true! Far to many times the speed postings are few ad far between. Especially when traveling state to state and touring off the main Interstate highways where one can travel for miles without any speed posting's.
Having the posted speed limit on the GPS has saved us many times when we see the local PD hiding on County highway's. This is one feature Honda needs to include.

Corventure Dave
Including speed limits is fine and dandy as long as they are updated in a timely manner. However, that doesn't always happen. In my neck of the woods, the speed limit changed on a major US Hwy. It took two years for the change to be included in the map updates.

:doorag:

·
Registered
385 Posts

Corventure Dave
Actually many states list the General speed limits on maps, etc that you can get when you enter the state. In they will indicate the speed limits for Freeways, rural roads, secondary roads, etc.

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
What ever happened to watching for road signs and speed limit signs. Has technology taken away our common sense?
Having speed limits on a GPS is a convenience - the GPS is a convenience. I may miss a sign here or there or forget what it was. It's nice to look down and see what the GPS says. But why does anyone have to explain that? How is it a "lack of common sense?" The speed limit is on every cheap and expensive GPS Garmin makes. Is it out of line to wonder why it's not on a built-in unit made by Garmin? :shrug:

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Probably not a feature that Honda wanted to pay for - so they didn't.

The data is in the file that the GPS reads. The lack of it displaying on a Honda GPS is made up for the fact that you can readily see the Honda dealership locations. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I have both the P.O.S Gps that is installed on my bike (THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE SPEED LIMITS/OR HOW FAST I'M DRIVING) as well as the 550 Garmin mounted on my right handlebar, that tells me anything I want to know..(plus it a Sirius radio)

Ronnie

Reactions: Scouter-50

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Go down the hall and read the lamentations over the 2018+ GPS. :lol:

The automotive market would dearly love to pry those small, handheld computers many of us carry out of our hands and focus on what they deliver to the screen.

Too bad that was 5 to 10 years ago.
My 2016 Charger will tell me the speed limit:grin2:
ETA: I turned the d*mn voice thing off!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My 2016 Charger will tell me the speed limit:grin2:
My 2019 Honda will not, but my 2018 cell phone running Android Auto in my 2019 Honda will. :mrgreen:
If I go fast enough, my local neighborhood cop will tell me how fast I was going... after making me guess. "Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts