GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bit the bullet and ordered the 2610 Package From GPSnow. They seemed to have the best price. What do I need to order to mount it to the bike and will be Kennedy Cell set work with it. I'd appreciate all the information I can get. Also, is it a problem getting the unlock features going??
Eddie Flinchum--Winchester, Ky.
I've have the original Streetpilot for about 4 years and am looking forward to the new one. :sw1:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I also second the motion on CycoActive. I live about 5 miles away, so I just dropped in and they fixed me up. The best 2610 mount is the Touratech mount using the ‘new’ cable from Garmin from CycoActive.

The Touratech mount and t-bar don’t work exactly as advertised on the 1800 because of the height of the clutch/brake reservoirs. But, with the supplied hardware and a little imagination, you can mount the t-bar lower half to the reservoir as directed, then use one of the two fat spacers and one of the two supplied bolts to mount the upper half to the lower half.

If a picture would help, e-mail me and I’ll forward a picture.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
2610 mount

Texelent manufactures a mount system that allows you to put a GPS on the centerline, sold by HDL the sponsor of this board.

The Texelent mount bar and TRAD mount clamp from HDL, plus a RAM plastic saddle for the 2610 which is a bolt on from Cycle Gadgets, will provide a nice rugged centerline mount for the 2610. Check this out.

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data ... ageLoR.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Touratech & Texelent

Check my mount system out:

http://www.davidwest.us/texelent_2610/index.htm

I used the Touratech mount, Texelent 6 hole bracket, Texelent Bar System. I was required to take the the plate off the bottom of the Touratech mount and line it up with the 6 hole bracket, then drill out the holes a bit in the Touratech plate to match the Texelent bracket.

-David

·
Registered
227 Posts
GPS Mounting

Eddy

I must agree with Tom and David the Texlent bar is the only way to go. I had mine (Street Pilot III) mounted on the clutch side of the handle bar using the RAM mounting system until I got some pictures of the Texlent system.

In the picture of David's mount he has his bar mounted in the low position. I have mine mounted in the high position. The system is designed to use in either position. In addition to the GPS, I have my cell, cup, and a cassette player mounted on the bar.

I much prefer the GPS mounted in the center, direct line of sight, than on the left or right side where I have to look left or right.

I use the Kennedy cell-set for the GPS and cell. I am not sure if they have the cell-set of the new 2610 but sure they are working on it.

With my cell-set there is also an outlet for a Radar Detector if desired.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts