GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search for city navigator v10. I have not found any non NT version. Were is the best place to get your Cd from.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Non NT version is not out yet. And I believe that you will need the full install, not the update.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My understanding is that the non-NT line of products is finished, and that there will be no updates. I have seen some posts on various boards that indicate that only the NT line will be updated in the future.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2008 what do I do to update. I need non NT. I'm going on a trip in july and I wanted to up-date before than. It has never been up-dated since I bought the bike.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Even if you get the non-NT City navigator 2009, that should be a mapset two years newer than what's on your bike. As far as I can tell, most of the 2008 GL's had the same maps as the 2007's and that was 2006 dated maps. But You will not need to update the firmware...you should already have vers 4.13 ...check your system info screen. And when the NAV comes on, note the maps date on the very first screen.

But generally you will need the complete map software....not just an upedate. You are installing the maps on your PC for the FIRST time....the update to the card on the NAV is a function of having the Software on your PC, and then having the correct unit number off your NAV unit.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
OK, OK; I'll be the idiot that has to ask. What does "NT" stand for and what is the difference between NT and non-NT. With Zumo, my firmware update was free and I purchased an upgrade package that allows me to download current map updates at anytime for the life of the machine.

prs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts