GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you were one of the "early adopters" for the latest Garmin firmware/map update - aka City Navigator V2011 - you paid the original price of $149.

Once Garmin updated their website the price was reduced to $99. I called today re: a refund of the $50 difference. I was told that since I called within 15 days of my purchase, Garmin would refund the $50.

This lead me to believe that any one that calls after the 15 days might not receive this refund.

I encourage all early buyers to call Garmin ASAP - 866-606-7555. FYI, have your purchase order # handy.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Is there any noticeable difference in this new version? Worth it?

Probably not if you have a Nuvi or Zumo mounted, up to date, and use it. I use my 07 Goldwing Nav to tell very little but love it for showing me how severe the next twistie is when I ride in mountains etc.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Is there any noticeable difference in this new version? Worth it?
It's worth it if you use the NAV a lot and you travel a lot. If you're asking though, I have to wonder... it might not be worth it to you. It was worth it to me to get my maps 5 years newer - but that's just my opinion. Others get the latest and greatest the day it hits the streets every time and then start looking for the next update to come out - to them it's worth it. So it's your call. It's not going to look any different on the screen.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Don't have the onboard Garmin....but thanks for posting

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm calling them first thing in the morning for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Got my refund!

Installed the new chip Sunday. A few new addresses show up that were not able to be found previously. :yes1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts