GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have installed my Zumo XT. In the process of finding a easy route planning. Trying google maps and converting the file to GPX using GPS visualizer. Does anyone use this and have gotten this error message?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Admittedly, there is a bit of a learning curve, but "Base Camp" has been the best I've used. "Tyre" used to be my favorite, and I thought it was easy to use, but after they and Google fell out it's not been very useful IMHO.

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here is another option that allows you to determine the extent of "curviness" between your start and stop points.
It also has a number of "Export To ..." functions.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I use Kurviger quite a bit, and I like it a lot. Here are a couple tips:

1. It allows you to plan a straight, curvy-and-fast, curvy, and curvy-as-heck route, but all legs of the route must use the same algorithm. They're working on that, but for now, if you want to ride fast and straight to get somewhere, then go curvy-as-heck, you'll have to do separate routes.
2. You can't drag the little circle on the route to re-route like you can with Google Maps, but you can click on the route and that drops a new waypoint, and you can drag and drop that.
3. Before programming your first route, go into Advanced settings and turn on "Avoid unpaved roads", and switch to ft/mi if those two options are your thing.
4. If you turn on the elevation display, you can mouse over it, and a circle will run along your route showing you the elevations on the map, which is kind of cool for finding the highest point / lowest point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts