GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to pull out of WI about mid April heading South to TX. A visit with some friends in Houston then to the Grand Canyon.
What can we expect for weather. Recommended sights, best accomadations...any advice will be appreciated.

We've got over 3,000 brave young men and women from WI currently at Bliss right now staging for Iraq. Keep them in your thoughts!:flg::flg:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey topcop, I don't know exactly when you're pulling out of Wisconsin, but you're more then welcome to meet up with those of us doing the "Heart Attack Grill Ride" the weekend of April 18, we're also doing the Grand Canyon. We're in the early stages of planning this ride, it was much talked about during the Death Valley ride this past weekend. There's a number of Arizona guys and SO's that attended Death Valley that also want to do the Heart Attack Grill. Just do a Google search for the Heart Attack Grill in Arizona. Hopefully the wife won't beat you to death when she sees pictures of the nurses at that grill. Keep an eye on the thread "Heart Attack Grill Ride."
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204793

Kurt

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
In may the temps in Arizona will still be fairly moderate. In the grand canyon area it will probably be in the 70-80's during the day and much colder at night. the north rim usually does not open before May 15th. In the southern part of the state it will probably be mid 80's to low 90's. May can be quite tricky in Arizona, it can still be quite cool or very warm just depends on the year. usually we get our first 100 degree day towards the end of May in the south. You should be able to get a better idea about 2 weeks out. Much too early now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't know what your route is but if it includes Okla you can expect temps of 50's overnight and 65-75 day time. In April south winds are always on the menu.
But enough about all that. Just bring me some CHEESE from New Glarus!!!!
We ran through there last year, what a pretty part of the world you have there. The alphabet roads up there are a hoot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
May want to get out of Wisconsin at that time too. I'll check my book of rides for 2009.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts