GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some place to stay while visiting the North Rim in around Septemeber 15. Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins at the Jacob Lake Inn? There are six of us so we will have to rent two or three cabins. Or other suggestions for that area for lodging.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
922 Posts
They aren't bad. You have a place to eat, gift shop etc., close to the north rim. Have not stayed in the cabins, but have stayed in the hotel rooms.

Cameron Trading Post in Cameron is one of my favorite places to stay anywhere. => http://camerontradingpost.com/

Cameron is close to the East gate, and you would be a couple three hours to the North Rim.

Have stayed in Kanab, but if you do that, Best Western Thunderbird Lodge in Mount Carmel is a great place. + you would be very close to Zion National Park. Don't know how long you are going to be in the area.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Not me (us) but stayed in Page AZ and rode to (said rim) and back! What a Great Ride it was. Page AZ was a good stay and Good Eats.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just make sure you actually HAVE the room. Riding back out of there at night is tough, it's open range country.

·
Registered
237 Posts
In the last 5 years, we have stayed at Jacob Lake on 2 different
occassions. We thought it was quite good - especially to be
out in the middle of nowhere. We stayed in the newer adddition.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Jacob Lake Inn

Wife and I have stayed at Jacob Lake Inns (cabins) many, many times over the course of 30 years.

Have never stayed in the motel part though, always the cabins.

They will be booked well in advance, so advise checking for rooms NOW!

September is a good time to be staying up there, expect any and all kinds of weather conditions up there and at the North Rim.

For example, this past Memorial Day, the wife and I both wished we had our long johns on, as it was cold and windy, and even snowed some one day up there.

Next day was sunny and warm.

Gas is hard to come by up there and expensive too.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
We didn't have reservation at the North Rim Lodge. Got the phone # from a ranger in Brice Canyon N.P. visitor center 2 days earlier who laughed at me for even suggesting that I call them for a room. "You'll never get a room in 2 days!" As luck would have it, they had just gotten a cancellation and we stayed in a room for 3 nights mere 60 feet from the abiss.

Even this late I would give them a call to see if they have vacancies. You'd never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts