GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be visiting Las Vegas again in the very near future. The last two times, we have gone to the south rim of the Grand Canyon, which is about 5 hours from Vegas. We are very intersted in visiting the west rim, which is much closer, but I am getting conflictiing reports on fees and such. I understand most if not all of the west rim is on an Indian reservation. I have been told its like $30 per car to get in, and $20 a person, some ridiculous fees the Indians charge. Does anyone know if there is any other access to the west rim that doesnt have to go thru the Indians fees or onto their reservation. We are just looking for something a little closer to Vegas without all the fees.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had heard that the road is paved all the way into the Skywalk now. But Im trying to avoid that area. I didnt know if there were any other roads that took you to that part of the Grand Canyon and avoided the Indian reservation and their fees....

·
Registered
353 Posts
We were there last 2 yrs ago if I remember right it wasnt 75.00 but I think it was all of 50.00 for 2 people and u cannot take a camera it was ok but not worth the money
We went in a air plane from vagas but didnt see any blacktop

·
Registered
333 Posts
fees

after what the whites folks did to the indians they should feel luck they can even go onto their land period.they don't owe anything to us whites folks

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
True, very true, but what does that have to do with me spending my money with them. Or, more importantly someone voicing an opinion about the worth of their attraction.. I believe most of the money for the attraction came from outside sources and while the tribe makes money it is really an outside venture. Could be wrong about that but it doesn't have anything to do with my main point.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/news/16571 It's $75.00 total for the Skywalk, but it's still an adventure to get to it. We didn't have to take our shoes off, but they gave you the pull over booties that the CATV guy wears. The development is being done by a Vegas tour operator (Jin?) and when finished will have a commercial airport, tram down to the river, boats tours, white water rafting, and an amphitheater for Laughlin style entertainment. it's a pretty ambitious project for a dirt road venue! There is a ranch not far from the Skywalk, and since it's "open range" they have fought the road improvements and traffic, but I think that they have been bought off and the paving is going to happen. THOSE Indians have never had it better. Every member of the tribe is getting a guaranteed annual income, even though the project is far from complete( according to the tour co. rep:lol:)

If you look over the Skywalk, you can understand why nothing is allowed on the Skywalk. People take great delight in trashing the area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts