·
Registered
331 Posts
Very cool it's a great thing:thumbup:
mrwelaxn

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
I can relate to that story...even today. I took my wing trike out for a ride today with my Harley riding buddy. We stopped at the Front Porch Restaurant in Elizabethtown, NC for lunch. Afterwards, we came out to our bikes and there were 4 elderly women taking pictures of the bikes with their cell phones. One of the ladies told me that her friend, who appeared to be the oldest would really love to take a ride on the trike. I sort of brushed it off, as a joke, knowing that she would probably scrape the fenders just trying to get on board.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, we talked awhile with the ladies and departed. They waved to us as we departed. What nice people...BUT NOW I WISH I HAD GIVEN THE OLDER LADY A RIDE AROUND THE BLOCK. I even had a spare helmet in the trunk.
Hope that opportunity comes again some time.

Ken

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
A wife of a couple we know took her 94 year old mother out to eat on her Birthday,
and arranged a Harley friend to give her a ride to the restaurant one day last summer.

Her mother Edna said that was the best birthday present she ever received and can't wait to go again.

Image if the rider own a Goldwing how excited she would of been

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you read the story, the Harley rider's friend was on a Honda. I'm wondering if it was a Wing?

The back story on granny might be interesting to expound on as well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My grandmother just turned 94 in January. She has the beginnings of macular degeneration, broke a hip 2 years ago which she recovered from (doesn't even use the walker) and can't hear very well. I've been getting her groceries, paying bills and have been taking care of the yard for at least 5 years now. I almost always come over on the bike.

Late last year, she mentioned that she would like a ride on the motorcycle sometime. It was already too late in the season and too cold for her to go. I wasn't really sure if she was serious, but have been thinking about it all winter. She's slowly been loosing weight and weighs less than 100 pounds. I've been thinking about the ride and wondering if she would still be in good enough shape this spring. She mentioned it again last week and all I can say is HURRY UP SPRING. I'd hate to loose her before it warms up enough to give her the ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts