GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not know this may a tire ya'll use, hence the question...

Question: I know a lot of trike guys put a rear tire on the front. Can that same tire safely go back on a two-wheeler front? My boss has a Michelin Activa?? that he said I could have (he has an 06 trike). Just curious if this is safe or not. Thanks in advance guys and gals...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Not familiar with this tire. It's a bias ply which I have run on my wing, only mine was a Metzler for the front.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Many 3 wheelers run the Activ. I tried it on one of my Wings for ~ 3K miles, and took it off. IMHO might be okay for a trike, it is not a quiet non-buzzing tire for the 2 wheelers. I'd try one of the other popular choices many on here run, one of the bias ply rears work very well.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Did not know this may a tire ya'll use, hence the question...

Question: I know a lot of trike guys put a rear tire on the front. Can that same tire safely go back on a two-wheeler front? My boss has a Michelin Activa?? that he said I could have (he has an 06 trike). Just curious if this is safe or not. Thanks in advance guys and gals...
Yes it's safe :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts