GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Region J Rally, July, 2012

Hey BJCarter2,

Planning on making it your way for the Rally they're talking about in July, 2012 in Anchorage. May need you and everybody else's help in planning my trip. I'll be starting out of Atlanta, Ga. Are there any inexpensive hotels in Canada and Alaska? I was thinking about trying to camp out but I hear the mosquito's are taking no prisoners.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Hey BJCarter2,

Planning on making it your way for the Rally they're talking about in July, 2012 in Anchorage. May need you and everybody else's help in planning my trip. I'll be starting out of Atlanta, Ga. Are there any inexpensive hotels in Canada and Alaska? I was thinking about trying to camp out but I hear the mosquito's are taking no prisoners.
No inexpensive hotels or motels in Canada or Alaska, but you're right on the money about the mosquitoes. Should be the Alaska State Bird. Take along some good 100% deet bug repellent and camping should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Have-n-Fun
Creech--the second photo there, along the Matanuska River brings back a fond memory. I have a picture I took years ago at that very spot. I had my dad on the back of the bike and we stopped there to take a break. He had a big grin on his face in the picture. Thanks for posting those photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts