GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wimpyhonda and I had lunch at the Tellico Grains Bakery in Tellico Plains TN
Great sandwiches,baked goods, and good people.On Saturdays they have
pizza cooked in a wood fired oven. Check it out.
Also we were told there is a lot of ice on the Cherohala Skyway if you are going that way this weekend. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Great Food Tellico

Wimpyhonda and I had lunch at the Tellico Grains Bakery in Tellico Plains TN
Great sandwiches,baked goods, and good people.On Saturdays they have
pizza cooked in a wood fired oven. Check it out.
Also we were told there is a lot of ice on the Cherohala Skyway if you are going that way this weekend. :cool::cool:
Thanks for the info. I've added it to our riding itinerary when we go through Tellico Springs in September. Sounds like a great lunch stop.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There is a place on the river that is good as well. It used to be called the Bistro on the River or by the river. It is called something else now. There is rental cabins on the other side of the river and the KOA campground is just down the road a little bit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also a new place on the right just before the Shell station called "Nut-N-Fancy", 3 or 4 meats, 8 to 10 different vegetables, cobblers, banana pudding. In an old 2 story farmhouse. Limited parking area, but you could park on street if need be. 3 of us rode up there 3 weeks ago and there was a lot of ice after you crossed the North Carolina state line, but the Tennesse side was clear. Plan on going back Sunday, hope the ice is gone by then.:eek:4:

·
Registered
400 Posts
We stop at Telico Grains every trip to Deals Gap. Great Food :thumbup: But its hell on the waist.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Boxmaker,

Appreciate the report about the ice. My wife and I were planning on heading to the Skyway tomorrow. Have now changed plans.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard on the waistline? You got that right! We had pizza for dinner I made
using a loaf of flatbread from there and now just finished a brownie,also
from there. I guess that will do me until I have breakfast at shoney's in the
morning with a bunch of wingers. Motorcycles are really bad for you. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
:p
Wimpy calls me on the phone right before you two go in the place, to rub my nose in it!! And now you post it on the board to rub my nose in it!!!! :wrong: We will be seeing you two soon!
But Rick we were thinking about you the whole time we were eating:thumbup:
Boxmaker is telling you the truth about this place GREAT FOOD. Its in the old part of town next to the square.

PS Plus it was a great ride:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts