GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Wing with OEM heated grips and found the diameter of the grips to be too small for my hands to comfortably wrap around and also found the surface to be less than comfortable for my hands as well. I solved both of these problems for a whopping expenditure of $7.50 including shipping!

If you have the OEM heated grips and have experienced either of the problems I have with them, I most heartily recommend getting the foarm grip covers for them. Here is the link to where I bought mine;

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/mer ... =Hand-Cont

The installation took a bit of massaging to get them over the surface of the OEM grips (which is designed to grip) but it was well worth the effort on the first ride alone. :D

There is a "better deal" on three sets for something like $16 from another source but I don't need three pair and figure that by the time I need to replace these I wouldn't remember where I put the other two pair, anyhow. :oops: Besides, at my age, I shouldn't even buy green bananas. :p

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i paid the $20 for three sets

they will wear quite fast

and get dirty

i figure ill change them once a year and be done with it

they do help make the heated honda grips somewhat comfy

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loren - If mine wear out before I get a different Wing, I guess I'll have to splurge for another $7.50.

Verdayne - I'll have to wait until it gets cold enough to need them to gather any empirical evidence for you on that. I would assume it would be no different than the heat coming through a pair of gloves in that the heat from the grips wouldn't be noticed as immediately as if you had bare hands on bare grips. I also question whether the overall feel on the highest level setting might not be quite as warm to the touch after being dissipated through the grip foam but I'd think the difference would be almost negligible.

If you want, I'll be happy to let you know as soon as I try the grip heaters. Let me know. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
So, do you still feel the heat through the foam alright?
Yes! Definitely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts