GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a new 07 and with the GPS built in I won't be using my Garmin Street pilot III. One feature I was going to miss real bad was the "Tracking" feature. If I had a good ride I could always go home and download it to a map and save it for another day. My understanding that you can NOT do this with the GPS on the new Goldwings... I saw this gadget on the plane ride home and looked it up. NO INTERNET needed all you do is put it in your trunk and go!! PLug into USB port and it will plot it onto GOOGLE earth!! Check out this link.... pretty cool stuff!!

http://www.spygadgets.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TSTICK&Category_Code=3

Matt(Ashland,MA) :biker: :flg:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
That's a gadget most commonly used to see where a spouse/employee is really going when they say they are going somewhere else. Whatsa matter Mat? Don't you trust yourself anymore? :p

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
I could have really used that with my foster son a few years ago...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Kind of pricey to just know where you have been after getting back to your home computer. On the other hand, being power independant gives it other possible uses besides on the bike like:
- Stashing in your kids backpack to see where the little bugger has been off to when you told them to come right home after school
- Hiding it in your teenager's car to see where they going to burn up so much of your gas money.
- Clip it to your dog' collar to see how far (and in who's backyard) ol' Slugo goes and which poodles he has been violating.
- Put in spouses vehicle to see where they are meeting their lovers.
I am sure there are many more possibilities with civil rights violations involved.

I recently went to Hercules, CA to a Gerbing dealer, California Sport Touring, http://www.gerbing.com/dealers/CAhercules.html to buy the wife a jacket liner. The ower had his new 06 GL-1800 in back and was telling me how disappointed he was with the Honda built in GPS (made by Garmin). Of course, since he was also a Garmin dealer, his last unit was a 27xx so he was used to most of the whistles and bells that Garmin had to offer. He said he would mount his old 27xx on the new Wing if he couldn't find enough features in the Honda built in GPS to satisfy his needs. Now I find that really amusing. The guy pays the big bucks for the built in GPS and has to resort to an add-on GPS to get the features that he wants. Is mother Honda listening? :roll: :banghead:

·
15 year Member
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PoleCat said:
That's a gadget most commonly used to see where a spouse/employee is really going when they say they are going somewhere else. Whatsa matter Mat? Don't you trust yourself anymore? :p
Someone has got to keep "Track" of me , and who better than ....me?

We could stash one in a case of Corona to see where that ends up!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :beer2:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
Keep listening to the voices, Matt. Heed their advice. :wink:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds good.

I hope you buy one and give us an evaluation report.

I just question how often it records it's location.

Traveling multiple back roads at high speed may mean low definition on a map if the sampling rate is too low.

Seems like that and a laptop having internet access would be a good way to let people, back home know where you are and have been.

I am wondering what sort of minimalist (small, light and cheap) laptop I'd need for that application.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
PoleCat said:
Now, THAT's funny PoleCat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
PoleCat said:

We could stash one in a case of Corona to see where that ends up!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :beer2:
You don't R-E-A-L-Y want to know where that ends up do you???

I wonder what CJS's address is, you could beat the case to his house. :lol: :wink:

·
15 year Member
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RRIXX said:
Gosh Matt, most of us remember where we have been. How old did you say you are?

BTW, what colour are you getting?
I will be picking up a Dark Red Metallic one in March, and even if I don't know how I got there I will know how I got back!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts