GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great experience yesterday. I am in Bothell Wa on business. I posted a note earlier that I would be here and asked if anyone in the area would let me ride a bike around the block so that I can check WA off on the state map. No one replied to my request until I heard from Northwetgl1800. He has an 86 Yamaha Venture he offered to let me ride, he provided a helmet and gloves for me. The Venture had 6 k on it, so I thought...It was actually 106k...It started right up and aside from a minor delay at an intersection trying to restart we were on our way, he on a 05 1800.

My ride around the block ended up as a very brisk pace through Johns Pass with lots of fog in the mountains, very impressive scenery, although at the brisk pace (70-75 according to the Venture speedo) did not allow me much sight seeing....I could not keep up with Allen on his 1800, reminds me of how well the 1800 handles, but for a bike with 106k on it , it was very spritly and comfortable. We stopped for gas which was a good thing since the Venture gets like 10 MPG...(36 really). Took a few photos that I will post when I get home.

Just want to point out that Allen had never met me before, yet trusted me with his bike, and was a great tour guide of the awesome mountains in WA state. I think we ended up going around 90 miles, which was much better than the around the block that I was expecting.

Allen is one of those people that you meet once in a lifetime and I hope to return the favor to him when he comes to the DC area. And goes to show you that there are still great people out in the world.

BTW if anyone is in the WA area I think he may be selling the Venture, I can attest to the reliability and comfort of it.
:D :D

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Sorry I missed your earlier post I live in Bothell, but There is one thing I need to know .
where is "Johns Pass" was it maybe Stevens Pass? :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, sorry Stevens Pass.....Ski resort. Real nice area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts