GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode from Dalhart, TX on Friday for a change of scene, stayed overnight at the Tristar Inn Tucumcari - (recommended, $51 incl tax, nice pool and an in house bar to cool off in)

Then on Saturday, I headed on to Amarillo to join an advertised Elk Lodge run to Dalhart > Borger > Amarillo

I forgot about the time difference between Tucumcari NM and TX but sitting on a steady 85/90 ate the miles easily and made it in plenty of time

90% or more of the 100 or so bikes were Harley's - some beaut ones too - but good to see the balance were Hondas with the odd Yammiee

Met and rode with a nice bunch of Guys - including a beautiful 2012 Wing (Rod), an 1100 Honda Cruiser and even a CBR1000

Got pretty scorched, but nevertheless a great ride and great company

Shafty

Attachments

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I'll be in Amarillo in September. I know it will be hot. Riding to West Texas this week. Anxious to test some cooling undergarments.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be in Dalhart on July 9th with MisterK. Maybe we can meet for lunch.
Sounds good Guys. My time-line is a bit fluid at the moment - my Wife Jude arrives from NZ on 5 July, and the plan was to hit the road ourselves once She's over the 24+ hours of flying

However one week into GL1800 ownership I'm working thru an F1 code(26) which I hope to be able to 'prove out' today.....(crossing fingers)

If we ARE on the road, chances are our paths will cross anyhow

My cell is 806-341-6543 for when you are getting close

I'll be in Amarillo in September. I know it will be hot. Riding to West Texas this week. Anxious to test some cooling undergarments.
Good luck with that Cruiseman - in 2011 we rode Rte 66 (ST1300) and found a bag of party ice, suitably punctured, sitting between Jude and I worked well on extreme days, lol

She would slip ice cubes in my mouth and the melting bag would leak cold water on our jeans which was amazingly effective!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts