GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a couple months off the bike I finally got to go for a short road trip today.

Jeff (my son) and I left Logansport at 10:00 this morning. We rode to Owensboro, Ky just to have barbecue at Moonlight Barbecue. The ride down here was just over 275 miles. I am a little sore and real tired. I know I will sleep good tonite..LOL

We have a room at the Holiday Inn Express and will map out a route home for tomorrow.

We had a good ride down. Did not push it any. took 5 1/2 hours to get here.

The temp. here right now is still 60 deg. at 7:00 in the evening...

5Ross

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Ross - that's great to hear!

And the best part is, you are staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Just think how smart you will be tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Ross,
Good to see you back in the saddle.

If you leave about 3:00 am you should be able to meet CJS and I up in Lansing by 1 pm. Heck, I'll even buy you lunch. :p

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
Ross,

Weather in New England was great to , no good BBQ though!! Glad your feeling better!! Ride safe!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :D

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jjsC6 said:

And the best part is, you are staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Just think how smart you will be tomorrow! :D
Yes I know. I was thinking at stopping at an airport on the way home tomorrow and help overhaul a jet engine... All you frequent flyers be aware :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

5Ross

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
Glad you made it. Sorry we couldn't meet up with you. Sure appreciate the P.M. & phone call though. Be safe heading back north.
While we were sitting at Moonlight Barbecue, guess who walked in? Your buddy Steve and his wife. The ones who ride the 1500 trike from I think Vindcennes.. Very nice people. They told me to tell you hello... I met them one time at WOTS and again last fall on the ride we had that went to Tell City and back.

Wish you and Carol could have joined us. Now before anyone asks why I did not contact them there is a good reason. I was not sure how the ride would go. Jeff knew that I might turn around anytime. I did get hold of Carol and Verdayne because we went real close to their house. If the trip did not go as planned they would not be out anything.

5Ross

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Ross, great to see your'e riding again, take care. Tim

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yay, Ross!
We're so glad to hear you're out and riding again (also glad that Jeff's finally getting some miles on that beautiful yellow bike :lol: ) Did you bring us back some BBQ?

We won't be on the Lansing ride today. I'm working and Rich has a little construction project going. The rest of you, have a safe ride and a great lunch.

Have a good ride home, Ross and Jeff. Pace yourselves!

Hugs,
Becky

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Glad to hear you & Jeff got in a nice trip. I see weather like this in November and it makes my wheels itch. Had the VTX out yesterday for some exercise and was planning on a long wing excursion today but Ginny has blown out her knee and it looks like we are heading to the emergency room here shortly.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Matt(Ashland,MA)

Have you ever stopped in Putney,VT at exit #4 I-91 in VT? Right off the exit there is an excellent, outdoor eating BBQ establishment called Curtis's BBQ.

People do come from all over New England and stop in to eat...many are repeat customers!

I can't say for sure if he's still open or not, as he closes down for the winter.

Allen Serviss Vernon,VT

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
5Ross said:
jjsC6 said:

Yes I know. I was thinking at stopping at an airport on the way home tomorrow and help overhaul a jet engine... All you frequent flyers be aware :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

5Ross
I knew there was a good reason I didn't like to fly :shock: :wink:

Glad to hear your back out there Winging it Ross!!!!!!!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I also had a wonderful ride today... 5 of us on 4 bikes rode to Madisonville to have lunch... it was a tad cool starting out.. 56 degrees
but soon warmed to 74 degrees and hardly a cloud to be seen... we stopped for lunch at Martins on the river... my lunch was awesome..a nice baby greens dinner salad for starters.. I had the crabmeat & shrimp stuffed sweetpepper topped with hollandaise sauce, sides were the french fried sweet potatoes and asparagus.. dessert was bread pudding with
brandy sauce topping...

all in all we rode 187 miles with good friends... gosh I sure am happy to live in the South..

cosmic

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Ross, really glad to see you're back in the saddle again. That ought to make a good title for a song, though a bit outdated.

When you come down to Texas next spring, we'll have to make sure to plan a stop at the Hard Eight in Stephenville or at least a trip to Cooper'a in Llano to satisfy that craving for some good Bar-b-que.

Take it easy and don't over do it. But have a wonderful ride home. Weather here in PA is a bit cool, but I'm in a cage and it doesn't matter. Looking forward to getting home and back in the saddle myself after the trip.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Ross great to hear u got out for a late November ride, this year sure went by fast

i hope everything goes well for Mrs Polecat, those knee things are scarry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts