·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I came down 119 S. From Grafton to Phillipi, they were doing a lot of patching. Some portions look like they should just tear the whole thing up rather than patch. 50 west from Winchester to Grafton was in pretty good shape. One thing I've learned from visiting WV over the years, is when you see a gas station, stop and get gas.....even if it's 2 gallons. Lots of closed stations in the last 5-6 years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
WV Roads

Just finished a trip, entered West Virginia at Huntington and rode state highways only to Front Royal, Virginia. A lot of it on state highway 55. Did the same ride 2 years ago. It is still beautiful but roads really need work. So many potholes and "wash boards". I imagine it is mostly from the previous hard winter. There are so many beautiful rides in the state. Even the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway through Virginia and North Carolina suffered from the winter.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I enjoy regularly riding the great scenic roads of Western Pa, Western Maryland, Maryland Eastern Shore, and horse country in Virginia...

but nothing compares to my shear joy of getting totally lost in West Virginia! :bow: :yes1: :biker:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Actually, I just returned from several days of "getting lost" in Virginia, W. Va, Tenessee, and Ky. My favorite roads found this time were all in south-west Virginia... Rt. 39W off of Rt.11 was spectacular, running along the river under shaded trees and alongside huge rock formations. The overlook near Goshen is totally spectacular! Down to the Tazewell area and over to Wytheville, and Rt.80 back over to Rt.11. Some beautiful valleys near Greenbriar and Homestead. A new favorite place to ride! :yes1:

I enjoy regularly riding the great scenic roads of Western Pa, Western Maryland, Maryland Eastern Shore, and horse country in Virginia...

but nothing compares to my shear joy of getting totally lost in West Virginia! :bow: :yes1: :biker:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts