GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta love the Northwest this time of the year. It was sunny and the temperature in the morning was 71. It got up to 77 here in Seattle by the late afternoon.

I LOVE RIDING WHEN IT IS LIKE THIS!

I just looked at the weather along the Mississippi River. Wow it almost hit 100 today. Way to hot!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Those of us in the EZ Bake Oven called Oklahoma are quite jealous. Enjoy and ride safe!....paul

·
Registered
902 Posts
MY unce lives in lacenter wa. He say the weather has been good. Beats the 101F we have been here. enjoy you ride.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Out for a three day weekend and woke up in Grandby, Colorado this morning to a temperature of 46 degrees. Had to layer up. By this afternoon at home in Denver it was up to 96. Only a 50 degree spread. Love the Colorado Rockies.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yea, thanks for pointing this out Puzzle-Man!! Why you wanna be so mean!!! Had an overnighter planned for Friday and wifey doesn't think its too good of an idea in this heat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
IT was a nice 105 here in n.w. okla.
And if that was a little to cool for ya we had 111 today in N.E. Oklahoma and now at 8:30pm it has cooled down to 106! Come on down !

·
Registered
409 Posts
Last Aug I rode through OK City... it was 10something or other, it was also my 3rd day in a row of over 100, I was forced to stop in Shawanee at about 4pm, to hot to deal with getting to the west side of the city during rush hour. Being from the Pacific Northwest I was pretty much melting.... you folks have extreme winters and summers... we don't!!

Headed out tomorrow morning for the Bllack Hills, Colorado, Texas, Utah, Vegas and many points in between....

Happy Trails to you all.....

Be Safe!!:doorag:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Washingtons summer just started. On the 25th of July it was raining and people were running around in jackets complaining of it being cold. Its nice now but with Summer starting so late just how much summer can be expected? Two months before the sun disspears again? A beautiful state with some great mountain roads for riding but I dont know how you handle not having sun shine.

·
Registered
714 Posts
In my Tundra yesterday, here in Houston, the temperature showed to be 104... Sheesh.

I am taking a trip to Dallas this afternoon to pick up my daughter and bring her back to get her van out of the shop. I told her that I would bring the truck. She insisted I bring the bike as she really loves riding.

I have my cooling vest and will drink lots of water and make lots of stops.

I'm envious of those 71 degree temps.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Earlier this year, we thought we were living in the greater Seattle area, rain every day, most the day. Then "POOF" over night we are now living in Death Valley. Every day in the 90's, no rain and just plain "HOT".

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
No rain a little warm but great riding weather here too.
81-104(109 heat index, 85 % humidity)

71 that's wintertime

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
temps

Not too bad here in NW Michigan even though it's been warmer than normal, the low 80's has been the worst of it. Need some rain. The big heat sink just to the west of here does seem to help. Forcast for the next 7 days says highs of 76*-82* and morning lows from 60*-68* with sunshine every day but Friday. I guess I'll take that in payment for lake effect snow that'll be here in Dec and Jan.

Richard

·
Registered
907 Posts
Must be nice!!
Here in the mid-atlantic temps. have dipped into the upper 90s*
I hate to admit - I like my bike - but love my a/c. Think I'll stick w/the 4whl. for another day. Enjoy!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not too bad here in NW Michigan even though it's been warmer than normal, the low 80's has been the worst of it. Need some rain. The big heat sink just to the west of here does seem to help. Forcast for the next 7 days says highs of 76*-82* and morning lows from 60*-68* with sunshine every day but Friday. I guess I'll take that in payment for lake effect snow that'll be here in Dec and Jan.

Richard
During the winter months, you guys are so happy to send that cold weather down upon us, how about sending it down NOW! We won't mind right now! :tongue: Supposed to be 115 today AND tomorrow! :wrong:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Laen ....85% humidity! No chit? Dang you can almost swim in mid air. Im in Singapore and todays humidity level was at 93% but considering where Singapore is located its to be expected. I didnt realize it got that high in Texas.

Correction, just noted your in Houston. I've been there and yes it does get that humid there. None the less---- damnnnnnnnnnn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts