GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to ride the Great River Road for some time...and now that JustaPoser posted up his fav restaurant, Missouri Hick BBQ in Cuba (MO), I'm pondering an early April RTE to Cuba.

Then head south somewhere towards Tennessee, pull a 180 and head north on the Great River Road. Spend a couple slow days riding and picture taking.

As the date gets closer, I'll share my itinerary should anyone care to roll along for a bit.

At present, I'm thinking about either tent camping, as well as bringing my hammock along. Guess it all depends on the weather pattern during that time frame.

More as it becomes available. Love to ride with my Missouri brudders / sisters one last time before we move to Arizona.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Head north on the west side to the headwaters in northern MN and then south on the east side. Fabulous scenery and riding in northern IA, all of WI, and northern IL on the Great River Road.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I think that April 8th is the Moonshine Run this year. I will be attending that little festivity.

Other than that, I should be available

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know, life sure is interesting and humorous, sometimes at the same time.

For instance, that little thing about selling our home in Gallatin and finding someplace in Arizona?

Well, seems as if a young family wants to buy our home and the closing date is on/before April 7.

My eternal valentine has already found us a home in Arizona, and it is set to close on April 10.

My last day at work was supposed to be March 25, thinking I'd have plenty of time to do some minor cosmetic mods to the home and packing our stuff. My updated resignation date is now March 11, and I'm going to be rushed to get everything done before the first of April.

So, it kinda looks like my desire to ride the Great River the first of April will need to be pushed back...just a bit.

Speaking with our Prosecutor the other day, looks like I'll be headed back quite frequently for some criminal trials, unless of course the Defendant opts out for a plea bargain (smarter bet). Otherwise, I'll be back later this spring or summer for the trials.

Looks like at that point I'll get to ride the Great River Road after all! Just not as soon as I was hoping for...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
For sure , moving sucks. Especially if you've lived there a long time. Moved to my current location in 03. 20 years in the previous location. This is it. Next move , the cemetery. Hopefully a long time from now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts