GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning dawned a very nice day. The temperatures were mild and the sun was out, and I wanted to go for a ride. Called everyone up I knew that might like to go for a ride, but no soap. Either couldn't make it or I got no answer. So I decided to go by myself. I ought to do that more often.

Was going to go to the Owyhee Dam and reservoir in Oregon, but the weather looked a bit murky, so I changed plans and rode north out of Boise on Hwy 55 and turned onto the Banks to Lowman road, going through Garden Valley. I stopped here and there to take some pix, as well. I ended up just north of Lowman on Hwy 21 at a little campground right next to the South fork of the Payette River, where I sat and drank a coke and ate my sandwich, then had a good conversation with the campground host. After lunch I headed south to Idaho City. That is one fun 38 miles of tight curves and switchbacks! Kept on going without stopping in Idaho City. Guess I was just having too good a time to bother stopping. The weather was cloudy by then, but still good. Temps around 70. Got home after 158 miles of fun riding, and all I had to worry about was myself. It was a great experience that bears doing again. The day ended with an invitation to a steak dinner at some fellow riding friends' house. Couldn't get much better than that.

Sure am glad I got the Wing back.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. Send those temps this way!! It was mid to high 90"s here today. Started to go for a ride and actually made it about 20 miles before work was calling my name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts