GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from "Mike's Steaks At The River's Edge" at River's Edge Marina on Rabbit Branch Road in Cropwell, Alabama. 205-814-4780.

They serve Angus beef and Mike cooks it to perfection. This place is a few miles outside of Pell City off of 231. My buddy's Tom Tom had it but my Garmin did not.

This is a must do place. The service was excellent and the prices avg. My 20 oz. ribeye was 26.95 (but worth every penny). The fried mushrooms were the best I have had. His marinade for the meat was also very very good.

We had a group of nine folks with a few hard to please, and everyone was well pleased. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ha! I live in Cropwell and Ive never even heard of this place. Thanks, I will check it out. Looks like I fianlly learned something from an Auburn fan. RTR

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there's still hope for some folks
we did enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Might have to give this place a visit. I will be working at the new hospital they are building there some time next week, running back and forth between there and the new addition they are building at Brookwood in B'ham.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Could it be that "20 oz. ribeye was 26.95" is the reason that you have never heard of this place???
Well, maybe they would sell me half of one for $13.48, I could probably scrape up that much!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'll buy the other half!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Where is Cropwell, anyway?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Cropwell is next door to Pell City just to the south, on the edge of Logan Martin Lake. Its about 45 minutes from Birmingham to the east. Theres not much to it. We do have a post office, but then doesnt every wide place in the road?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Cropwell is next door to Pell City just to the south, on the edge of Logan Martin Lake. Its about 45 minutes from Birmingham to the east. Theres not much to it. We do have a post office, but then doesnt every wide place in the road?
I thought every wide spot in the road got a Dollar General only.

Used to be walmart, but they upgraded.

Does Cropwell have a Walmart? That is the "measuring stick" of today!

LOL

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I thought every wide spot in the road got a Dollar General only.

Used to be walmart, but they upgraded.

Does Cropwell have a Walmart? That is the "measuring stick" of today!

LOL
Have you seen the new Dollar General distribution center going up on Lakeshore Drive in B'ham? Looks like they are coming on strong!!! There are about 75 truck docks on the front alone! I don't know about the back.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My wife is the Manager of the one of the 3 Dollar General Stores in Pell City/Cropwell. She said they are building 2 more in the Pell City area right now. They opened new 600 stores last year and are opening 625 this year. Seems foolish to me, they are so close together. Cropwell does not have a Walmart but Pell City does. Cropwell just got a TARGET though!

Yes, the DG Distribution Center in Bessemer will employ 650 people and is a one million square ft facility. $100 million center on 106 acres!

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2011/10/dollar_general_begins_filling.html

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'll be glad when they finish...my wife works about a mile down the road and has to deal with the construction every day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts