GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://greencard.mototouring.com/greenCard.php

Easy online buying of Green Card Insurance.

I'll be traveling to Europe late May with a shipped 2001 Yellow GL1800. Adding a 7l tank bag and Rivco Hitch w/bag and trunk bag.
Packing, Sleeping bags, Tent, air matrices, small stove with cup and bottom pots for cooking and eating, coffee maker, tookit. Lap top 13" solid state HP and Garmin 665, MP3 player with Bluetooth matched to Garmin. Minimum washable cloths or supplies that I can fine in EU.

Storage with Knoff Tours in Heidelberg Germany, has a small shop and storage area for extras. See ya there...

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
think thats what mexicans use here :shrug::shrug::lol::lol::lol: enjoy your trip :yes1: need pics too!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Herb, The places to find Green Card insurance in Europe are few and a PITA to buy. Documents and such must be provided.

Garmin maps of EU (Could have just bought a cheap Disposable one in EU if I knew what I was doing). I knew nothing of Garmin maps and BaseCamp two months ago. What a PITA, I thank Bob "Adventures of White Dragon and Lemonade, http://www.bobkatsjaunt.com/" for one on one help with the Garmin POI loader use and setup.

·
Registered
285 Posts
An "International Driver's License" is not, I repeat NOT, a driver's license.
It is a translation of your current license into several languages.
You must still carry your license.
In the USA you can get one at AAA by walking in and paying the fee.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wild camping in EU, unless wild means no pool or showers I'll be staying in MC friendly campgrounds.

"If God meant for us to live in the woods he would not have given us wifes or Credit Cards".

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
..."If God meant for us to life in the woods he would not have given us wifes or Credit Cards".
But the dyslexic in me says: "If God meant for us to live with wifes or credit cards, then he would not have given us the woods" :joke:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Green Card insurance

"For the green card, the insurance company, ask that title or document registration of the bike (where there are the vin number and plate number). You can scan and send to me via email, the photo image could be ok, but please check that we can see well the image. In attached (PDF file) you can find the form to complete for the request and resend to me." Gloria

"Is always better have the original copy of the green card, but a lot of customer ask just the scan copy." Gloria. PS It cost to mail an original from Italy.

My note, You can fill out the form online or they will send a PDF file application form via email that you can print then fax if that is easier for some without a scanner. Filling out online requires you to scan first then send the title or registration via "file loader" module in the online form.

THe fax number has a + sign, change to 011 (From USA and Canada) as in 011 39 029 366 0584.

Mototouring S.r.l. – Tour Operator & Motorcycle Rental
Via del Ricordo, 31 – 20128 – Milano – Italy
Tel. +39 0227201556 – Fax +39 0293660584
P.IVA/C.F. 11303890153
www.mototouring.com

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Green Card Insurance cost Milan IT

Cost from this firm Bike storage 350 Euro a year in Milan. 2014 This does not cover your bike repairs just [h=2]Collision Insurance[/h]Motorcycle only Green Card Insurance on any Bike
15 Days = 95 Euro
30 Days 118 Euro
45 Days 148 Euro
90 Days 223 Euro
180 Days 365 Euro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts