GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to what I heard on the radio a few hours ago, Greer is burning. That's really too bad. Lots of history, and memories for me. I know it won't be totally gone but any is too much. I hope they find out whoever left the fire that started this. Hanging sounds about right

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
For up to date info & excellent map: http://inciweb.org/incident/2262/

From their website :
The Wallow Fire Structure Assessment Team has completed its work in Greer. The team reports that 22 homes were destroyed, 5 homes damaged and 24 outbuildings and 1 truck destroyed.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like the firefighters did a good job. I know they pulled them out once and then they went back in. Could have been worse as far as structures, but I have to wonder what you see when you look around from the saved structures.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know what you mean. They've done an AWESOME job saving structures but the views are going to be gone for some time. The Blue Vista Lookout that's 9 miles south of Hannagan Meadow all the way to Alpine has both sides if 191 burned.... Im sure glad I made it up there a couple of months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts