GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I've been riding since 1973. Bought my first Wing last Friday after several HD Touring bikes over the years. Amazing difference, and I could kick myself for not buying one sooner. I bought a brand new 2018 manual shift. Tried out the DCT and liked it, but after so many years of riding with a clutch and still having an HD Low Rider in the garage, I just feel more comfortable with the manual tranny.

Looking forward to riding the bike A LOT and gaining some information about it here.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts

I'll be in Steamboat Springs skiing (**think snow**) January 13th - January 22nd snow skiing........

Ronnie

Reactions: Check6

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Welcome from Texas, we are still in the 90's down here. Love to ride in Colorado, hope we can meet up some day. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Did you go with the standard Goldwing or the Tour model? You'll be surprised at the level of information these guys possess. Definitely check out Fred H.'s videos if you plan on doing maintenance yourself. Other than that, you'll need to concern yourself with what brand cell phone you use, synth or dino, and will you go darkside? Just kidding...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Alabama. Did you go with the standard Goldwing or the Tour model? You'll be surprised at the level of information these guys possess. Definitely check out Fred H.'s videos if you plan on doing maintenance yourself. Other than that, you'll need to concern yourself with what brand cell phone you use, synth or dino, and will you go darkside? Just kidding...
I got the Tour model. We owned a Road King for a couple years after coming off of an Electra Glide and the rear trunk/tour pack was sorely missed. Not gonna make that mistake again.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome! Hope to see you around these parts! Post some pics!

David

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome from DFW area. I'm planning on doing some Colorado riding next summer!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the forum from music city. Lots of great information here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice Pic. Love the bike and Flashy helmet. It's amazing how smooth the Goldwing engine runs. I don't know why some people go for loud and rough.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Pic. Love the bike and Flashy helmet. It's amazing how smooth the Goldwing engine runs. I don't know why some people go for loud and rough.
Thanks. That's my wife in the pic. She's 5'3, 114 pounds. When I showed this picture to some guy I work with, he said "Man, that's a huge bike! Makes you look tiny!". He's not all there I think. I'm 6'1", 210.

I used to be one of the guys who like loud and rough, but I have changed with the years. When I bought my last Electra Glide, I was still of that mindset and there's nothing wrong with it, but I've out grown it as far as long distance riding is concerned. I want something smooth and quiet.

I still have my HD Low Rider which is still loud and rough, and I still enjoy getting out on it and making some noise. Just not for long periods of time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts