GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would drop in and say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while and became more active once I made the decision to buy a new wing. Including this one, I've had a total of 4 bikes dating back to 1984 and up until now they were all bought used and all red. This is my first new bike, my first wing, and my first bike that is not red.

I started out with a red 1980 Kawasaki KZ 440 when I was still in high school. I got my motorcycle license before my regular auto license and rode that until I graduated in '86. I took a break from motorcycle riding during my 3 years in the US Army but got to ride several friend's bikes during that time. After the Army I bought my second bike which was a red 1984 Honda V45 Magna. I rode that all through college and finally sold it in '93. I'm actually not 100% sure on the years of my first two bikes as it was a long time ago and so much has happened since then. I bought my third bike in 2010 which is a red 2005 Honda VTX 1300S. I still have that bike and I don't intend on getting rid of it any time soon.

Here she is in her current state. There are several modifications from stock including white wall tires, cobra seat with driver and passenger back rest, crash bars/engine guards w/highway pegs, windshield, grips, and mirrors. I really love cruising around on this bike!

My fourth bike is a black-n-gray 2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour Automatic DCT with Airbag. It is by far the largest bike I've ever owned although my VTX is about the same length. I picked her up in Chattanooga which is about a 3 hour drive from where I live in TN. I took the 4 1/2 hour scenic route home and stopped at a gas station just south of Cookville to snap this picture. There was a 1886 steam tractor powered by wood or coal on display in the parking lot and thought it was a cool contrast between old and new technology. So far I have just over 500 miles on it. I plan on putting on a lot more and hope to take at least one long trip this year but haven't figured out where. I do a lot of local riding throughout the north part of TN and into KY. If you are in this area, I would love to hookup for a joy ride.

That's all for now, thanks for reading this far :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
We are riding the same area. My 2018 DCT has been triked and we have put over 10,000 miles on it in the past year. Absolutely love the bike. Having it triked does take away a little of the joy, but not as much as one would think. Still can’t keep the smile off my face. We live in Gallatin, TN area and my bike doesn’t move without the wife being on the back. She loves it as much as I do. I‘m sure we will be seeing each other on the roads. Previously road a 1800 Honda VTX and a 2008 Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Congrats on your new Wing, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a nice trike @Dagwood. Hope to see you around sometime.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Howdy from Crossville TN.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Howdy M and welcome from AZ.
Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
439 Posts
We are riding the same area. My 2018 DCT has been triked and we have put over 10,000 miles on it in the past year. Absolutely love the bike. Having it triked does take away a little of the joy, but not as much as one would think. Still can’t keep the smile off my face. We live in Gallatin, TN area and my bike doesn’t move without the wife being on the back. She loves it as much as I do. I‘m sure we will be seeing each other on the roads. Previously road a 1800 Honda VTX and a 2008 Goldwing.

View attachment 370581 View attachment 370582
Very nice Trike D!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay! Enjoy and may you have many miles n smiles!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Another welcome from East Texas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts