GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Goldwing
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m Justin. I’m in Benbrook, Tx.
I am picking up a Silver 2007Goldwing this weekend and I am super excited. I have been riding my whole life and I currently ride a 2006 Yamaha Royal Star. Can’t wait to get the bike and hit the road with this amazing machine.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome from S. Texas!!! You're already familiar with the roads in Texas so feel free to ask questions about your bike and someone here will be happy to assist you!!!!

Keith (Griffalo)

·
Administrator
4,753 Posts
Justin, welcome to the forum from Southeast Texas. One of our more storied members, Fred Harmon, used to live very near you.

There are quite a few of our members from the DFW Metromess area. They'll chime in soon. Our guys will be more than willing to help you with farkles. We like to spend your money.

Glen

·
Registered
2007 Goldwing
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Justin, welcome to the forum from Southeast Texas. One of our more storied members, Fred Harmon, used to live very near you.

There are quite a few of our members from the DFW Metromess area. They'll chime in soon. Our guys will be more than willing to help you with farkles. We like to spend your money.

Glen
Welcome from S. Texas!!! You're already familiar with the roads in Texas so feel free to ask questions about your bike and someone here will be happy to assist you!!!!

Keith (Griffalo)
Thank you very much. It’s all gonna be new to me with the wing so I’m sure I will have a few questions.

·
Registered
2007 Goldwing
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Glen
That’s good to hear. I’m hoping to find a few wing members to ride with soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Granbury, some awesome roads down this way and south of here. Look out for the blue hairs in Granbury, they will take you out and keep rolling down the road to the Luby's...
Ride her like you stole her!
Congrats on the new ride!!

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 GL1800
2,557 Posts
Welcome from Idaho's East side!!! Congrats, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

·
Registered
2007 Goldwing
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, I'm in Granbury, some awesome roads down this way and south of here. Look out for the blue hairs in Granbury, they will take you out and keep rolling down the road to the Luby's...
Ride her like you stole her!
Congrats on the new ride!!

Thanks for the welcome, most of my rides start out going threw granbury. I love riding around there and glen rose.

·
Administrator
4,753 Posts
That’s good to hear. I’m hoping to find a few wing members to ride with soon.
Go to the Rides, Trips, and Events forum and check out the Red- Neck Ride to Eat. Ah, the heck with it. Here is a link.

Texas R-E-D-N-E-C-K RTE May 6 and 7, 2022 | GL1800Riders Forums

This will have a ton of Wing riders from all over Texas and from all over Not Texas too. This is one of the biggest Goldwing gatherings you'll find. Consider this your personal invitation.

Glen

Reactions: ssncob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, most of my rides start out going threw granbury. I love riding around there and glen rose.
It's a little ways from ya but ride out to Median, Blum, hico and Cransfill Gap, some great riding. If you haven't discovered FM4 out of G Town that's a great road all the way up to Possum Kingdom.

·
Registered
2021 Gl1800 BD DCT
316 Posts
Welcome from East Texas, Van Texas.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and enjoy the mile's of smiles 😃.

I was going to mention the Texas red-neck RTE, but Glen beat me to it. This is definitely something you want to put on your calendar. Every year.

But be warned ⚠ - you will be broke afterwards.

Not due to the cost of the RTE - from seeing all the farkles on the other bikes you're going to want to get...

You have been warned. 😈

• Haha
Reactions: Glockjock
1 - 20 of 23 Posts