GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to take a minute to say hello and send some greetings to the folks here. Had a '99 Valkyrie Interstate for a decade the really went to the dark side; Harley Road King. After about 4 years of sweating to the point of melting at red lights in August here in Georgia and pouring money into the bike, decided to came back to the Honda homestead. Picked up my '03 just a week ago and am chomping at the bit. Broke my foot 7 weeks ago and have another week to get out of the cast so haven't even been able to ride it yet.
Great forum. Already found a bunch of super useful info, tag lines I have quoted and some gorgeous bikes. As to useful info, I have already been convinced to join the Darkside when these new tires that came with the bike need replacing.
BTW, my other hobby is hang gliding and it just seems dang appropriate to have another wing.
OK now to a question. I custom designed a dog box seat which held both my 50 lb Boxer/Terrier and 12 lb. King Charles. (The little one is the wife's dog obviously). They sat up and were not in a closed box like the commercial ones, which are way overpriced anyway. Anybody come up with a good design and mount for a dog seat? They love to ride and I will have to listen to whining and put up with pouting pups when I get home if they are stuck here.
Looking forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. :thumbup:
O'Ring

Attachments

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Steve - heck of a nice bike - looks the previous owner showed some love on it.:thumbup: I'm on my third wing - love the bike.

Regarding the bike riding after you heal - take it easy. I busted my foot a couple of years ago - be aware this is a thousand pound beastie - get it off center when coming to a light - lots of force on the foot - make sure your healed up or you're going to be in a bit of pain.

Now as to the dog issue - seem to remember MarkEckburg making something for his pooch - may want to touch base with him. Otherwise - Bushtec makes a dog carrier top for their trailer - http://store.bushtec.com/Tow-Tow-Motorcycle-Trailer-p/9w1000.htm You can buy just the top for the trailer if you already have a bushtec.

And welcome to the Darkside. If you are interested in a Darkside decal or a GL1800Riders.com decal, here's the info: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showt...67#post3554567

If Interested in a Darkside number, PM Murgie for one.

And welcome to miles of smiles.

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
shield or goggles for pets eyes / carrier looks good :thumbup:what you do in rain/ bad weather

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Just wanted to take a minute to say hello and send some greetings to the folks here. Had a '99 Valkyrie Interstate for a decade the really went to the dark side; Harley Road King. After about 4 years of sweating to the point of melting at red lights in August here in Georgia and pouring money into the bike, decided to came back to the Honda homestead. Picked up my '03 just a week ago and am chomping at the bit. Broke my foot 7 weeks ago and have another week to get out of the cast so haven't even been able to ride it yet.
Great forum. Already found a bunch of super useful info, tag lines I have quoted and some gorgeous bikes. As to useful info, I have already been convinced to join the Darkside when these new tires that came with the bike need replacing.
BTW, my other hobby is hang gliding and it just seems dang appropriate to have another wing.
OK now to a question. I custom designed a dog box seat which held both my 50 lb Boxer/Terrier and 12 lb. King Charles. (The little one is the wife's dog obviously). They sat up and were not in a closed box like the commercial ones, which are way overpriced anyway. Anybody come up with a good design and mount for a dog seat? They love to ride and I will have to listen to whining and put up with pouting pups when I get home if they are stuck here.
Looking forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. :thumbup:
O'Ring
A lot of guys run an auxiliary tank on the passenger seat and most of those mount to the passenger grab handles (instead of actually setting on the seat). Check out some of their ideas and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a mounting method for your dog seat.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
'03 Durango red, excellent choice and the fastest color to boot. :yes1: Wife and I carry our (very small) dog in a T-bag, works well for us. I know all about the disappointed dog when they can't go. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts