GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ordering a lift table from Greg Smith Equipment. Anyone have any experience with this company or their products?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Is this the one in Indiana?If so I ordered a wheel balancer from them.It wouldn't work out of the box.Called and they sent the parts to fix it.
They took care of it...I'm satisfied.

Be Blessed

·
Registered
425 Posts
That is where I bought my Direct Lift. I had no problems and was pleased with my experience. Make sure you get the side extensions if you plan on riding a wing onto the lift. Also the tire stop is easily bent by the bike. I use it in my shop and have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Greg Smith

I have a Direct lift.I like the fact that it is longer than the Handy lift.You don't need a front extention.....I made my own side extentions which are absolutely necessary for the Gold Wing...If I were to do it again I would buy the extentions.I had a slight leak in the air cylinder seal and they sent me a repair kit,no charge.Replaced the rubber seal and have had no trouble since.I also cut in a removable panel to drop the rear wheel in the lift because at the time they didn't offer it.I believe you can buy it that way now.It is a pleasure to use,No Bending over...Good Company to deal with.There is a store in Delaware also........Jim

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bought my lift from them last year and am quite happy.
A couple months after purchase ( I drove to Indy to pick it up) I called to double check the price of the extensions. They said they would still give me the price break offered when purchased with lift. Can't beat that.

AG GL

I did not buy the extensions- I will be recessing the lift into my garage floor this winter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You got luckier than I did. I purchased mine without the sides thinking I didn't really need them. Took the lift out of the truck, put it on the floor and tried to ride the bike on. I called myself many names and went back the next day to get the extensions. They met me halfway on the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts