·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Place "online" to order?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Must be given as a gift from someone who values your safety, just an old story that goes along with them. All the Harley Shops have them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's supposed to be a gift :wink: Mine was moved from bike to bike until someone moved it from my bike :roll:

Have your SO order it and give it to you :wink:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Buy it yourself and it has "single" power -- received as a gift and it has "double" power. The clanger in the bell attracts the road gremlins and then kills them when they go into the bell and the clanger kills them. Just be careful what you do with your clanger.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hedo said:
bobvail said:
I've heard that they work best when received as a gift :)
Hey Bob.........send me one !! :wink:
But we hardly know each other :oops:

How 'bout one in chrome? 8)

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Better get 2 of those deer whistles and some garlic to hang around your neck too. :roll:

·
Registered
311 Posts
trialsman said:
Better get 2 of those deer whistles and some garlic to hang around your neck too. :roll:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had a friend stop by with an '06 Ultra Classic who had one hanging from the bottom of the triple tree - hit a bump and the gremlin grabbed the clanger and wailed the bejesus out of the fender. Be careful where you leave your clanger!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Remember

And remember, too, that if you ever have an "incident" with the bike, to bury the bell at that location. It has done its' job, and deserves the honor, since it protected you all those years............

Also, most people don't realize it, but when an evil spirit or gremlin gets caught inside the bell, the clapper kills it and casts it out onto the road. That's where potholes come from.

Cloud9

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Hedo said:
bobvail said:
I've heard that they work best when received as a gift :)
Hey Bob.........send me one !! :wink:
I'll send you one, but it's chrome.... :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
John Rossington said:
Had a friend stop by with an '06 Ultra Classic who had one hanging from the bottom of the triple tree - hit a bump and the gremlin grabbed the clanger and wailed the bejesus out of the fender. Be careful where you leave your clanger!
The exact same thing happened to one of my riding buddies. He had just updated to a brand new Road King. He hung the bell from the lower triple clamp. We found the fender damage on a Big Bend trip. The bell had smashed the "$%^&" out of his front fender. He had to get a new front fender.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Blind Yak said:
[quote="John Rossington":1yw83oyv]Had a friend stop by with an '06 Ultra Classic who had one hanging from the bottom of the triple tree - hit a bump and the gremlin grabbed the clanger and wailed the bejesus out of the fender. Be careful where you leave your clanger!
The exact same thing happened to one of my riding buddies. He had just updated to a brand new Road King. He hung the bell from the lower triple clamp. We found the fender damage on a Big Bend trip. The bell had smashed the "$%^&" out of his front fender. He had to get a new front fender.[/quote:1yw83oyv]

Yeah but just think... it protected - HIM

cosmic

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Remember

Cloud9 said:
And remember, too, that if you ever have an "incident" with the bike, to bury the bell at that location.
Good idea, but what if your "incident" happens in the middle of the 405 freeway in LA? LOL

·
Registered
651 Posts
The bell is supposed to be hung at the lowest possible location on the bike for best results. That way it won't hammer the crap out of a fender either.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Guardian/Gremlin bells, COME ON!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Dont laugh,the bells have been protectin me and my wife as we ride for years,despite the stupid things we do on our bikes :eek: OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well, look at it this way.... Someone cares enough to get you a bell.... I think that alone is a blessing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts