After a great road trip to VT with my wife as passenger (instead of her riding her 94SE) she found the back seat on the 1800 pretty comfortable. So I purchased a set of Kuryakyn Transformer Boards and installed them yesterday.
19 Mar 10 ------------ 71,723 miles ----------Brake Pads
Replaced original right front brake pads and original rear brake pads with OEM Honda. Rear pads were down to wear indicators, front pads weren't worn quite as much but needed replacing soon, so I did both sets.
Replaced another low beam bulb (right side) on 22 Mar 10.
Took a rock hit in the right fog light lens last week. Rode to HDL in Hendersonville on the 15th and picked up a replacement lens and a spare. I've got the Show Chrome - it's really a bear to pull the old lens off without damaging the frame. Took all the old sealant out and used a strip of auto moulding tape (doubled over) to reseat the new lens.
Also picked up new rotors from HDL and installed them on the other powdercoated front wheel a couple of weeks ago. Now I have a set of wheels and tires ready to install when needed. :thumbup:
Had a tail light go out at Americade and dealer was out of stock - paid $6.41 for one at auto supplier, who stated that it fits the BMW/Volvo/Audi type vehicles. (Cost at the Honda dealer was $2.52 ea)
Returned home and purchased 4 spares to carry, along with a set of brake pads for the left front. Installed D250s on new P/C rims and replaced pads. (Mileage was 20,230 miles on front and rear - front was down to wear bars, the rear had 3/32 left.) Ordered Elite 3s for the other wheels and will get them mounted this week and be ready for the next change.
After the 88K service (when the steering head bearings were repacked and torqued) I discovered that the forks wouldn't lock in either direction. Brought it to the mechanic's attention and he fixed it. Other than this item, the scheduled service was without exception.
96K service: oil/filter, valve clearance check, brake/clutch fluids, final drive oil, air cleaner, plugs and coolant change. Rt front runnning light replaced. Had replaced left inboard trunk running light last week. Onward to 100K!!!
Replaced fifth set of D250s at 19,342 miles - I've averaged over 20K for all five . This is the first set that I have used antifreeze (50/50 mix) to balance. As the picture shows, there is very minor cupping on the rear, and even less on the front. I put 2 fluid ounces in the front and 2-1/2 fl oz in the rear through the valve stems. I'm trying E3s for the first time on the 1800 - I had them on my '88 and still use them on my wife's '94 SE.