GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone installed the Grip Puppies on their 2018-2019 Goldwing? Instructions say to use soap and water, seems really tight and I'm afraid I might jack-up the throttle side. Thx.

Grip Puppy Comfort Grips - The Original and the Best! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CP9ADD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_7WoPDb9BH72YD

I put them on about a week ago. Soap and water on both the inside of the Grip Puppies and on the old grip, and use a towel wrapped around the GPs to turn them. On the throttle side, I only rotated them in the direction of closing the throttle. Worth the effort, they are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, purchased identical model in march 2018 for my Tour DCT , used minimal quantity of dish soap and some gentle pushing, no problem.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
Get ladies hair spray they slide on and dry

Soapy water works also

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have used compressed air and it does take literally only seconds, no soap and water needed, just put them on dry

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If soap is used one needs to work a lot of drenching and squeezing to rinse it out of the grip when done. Left over soap in the grips can make them slippery in a rain storm.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! compressed air............... AAAAAAAAAA another great idea, Cause as Pasto claims, soapy grips do get slippery in a rainstorm
Thanks for great idea..

Ronnie

·
Registered
78 Posts
Okay, so for the only really-stupid-guy on this site, can you explain or direct me to the video on how to use COMPRESSED AIR to install theses grip covers?
Thanks! - Doug

·
Registered
115 Posts
Okay, so for the only really-stupid-guy on this site, can you explain or direct me to the video on how to use COMPRESSED AIR to install theses grip covers?
Thanks! - Doug
Found this one:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies. B4 I did the post I slid one on just a bit and thought **** that's tight and pulled it off. I used soap and water again this time and them puppies slid right on. Thx again!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I put Grip Puppies on mine almost as soon as I got it. I believe I used a slightly soapy water, but I might have just used water. Next time I'll use compressed air as it's a lot less messy.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Thanks! - Doug
Well, I'm very glad you asked that question about compressed air! Cause the *second* really-stupid guy on this site didn't know how either..:wink2:. (infact, I honestly didn't even know what Grip puppies were either, so I guess that make me even more stupid'er then you .....:kiss::kiss:

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts