GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding my 05 Goldwing since buying it new this past Sept. Not many posts here but reading them all the time. I would like my grips just a little bigger. So my question is when you get after market grips and plan on using the end bar weights do the grips come with the end out, or do you have to cut them to fit. Thanks.

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Bulldog said:
Red,

I didn't know that you were cheap or easy.

I learn something everyday...LOL

Dawg
Yep, I pay almost $6 for a set of foam refills from Drag, #DS-243221. Easy, is that I just dip them in water and blow them on with my compressor! LOL...

I used the money I saved on custom grips to buy chrome bar end weights, $16. :oops: I also didn't want to remove the non-functioning heated grips on my '06.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
smoken said:
So my question is when you get after market grips and plan on using the end bar weights do the grips come with the end out, or do you have to cut them to fit. Thanks.
You cant beat the Kury ISO grips, for a multitude of reasons. It's a very comfortable grip with lots of rubber to absorb shocks, pretty-wel eliminating the need for the vibration bars at the end of the stock grips. But the thing that I especialy like about them is this: at my age, and the age of many riders, they help to compensate for any difficulties I might have due to the onset of arthritis in my hands. Ater many years of riding with ISO grips, I recently took a friends bike for a ride (standard grips), and after about a half hour my hands and fingers ached so badly I had to quit the ride.

On top of all of this, if you wander around any large gathering of bikes (all makes and models) you'll probably see more ISO grips than anything else. And as someone else suggested, be sire to get the accompanying throttle boss...

·
Registered
256 Posts
My vote is for the ISO grips also..... :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
[/quote]

I also didn't want to remove the non-functioning heated grips on my '06.[/quote]

Must be something wrong with your heated grips mine are as hot as I want and turn them down to 2nd or 3rd setting.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
BrianH said:
smoken said:
So my question is when you get after market grips and plan on using the end bar weights do the grips come with the end out, or do you have to cut them to fit. Thanks.
You cant beat the Kury ISO grips, for a multitude of reasons. It's a very comfortable grip with lots of rubber to absorb shocks, pretty-wel eliminating the need for the vibration bars at the end of the stock grips. But the thing that I especialy like about them is this: at my age, and the age of many riders, they help to compensate for any difficulties I might have due to the onset of arthritis in my hands. Ater many years of riding with ISO grips, I recently took a friends bike for a ride (standard grips), and after about a half hour my hands and fingers ached so badly I had to quit the ride.

On top of all of this, if you wander around any large gathering of bikes (all makes and models) you'll probably see more ISO grips than anything else. And as someone else suggested, be sire to get the accompanying throttle boss...
:yes1: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts